Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Melissa Benoist. Check it out!
Melissa Marie Benoist is an American actress, singer and dancer. She was born in Littleton, Colorado , the daughter of Julie and Jim Benoist, a physician. Her paternal great-grandfather was of French descent. The rest of her ancestry is German, English, and Scottish. She started dance classes at the age of three and when she was four years old her aunt put her in a church play she was directing.
Interesting Facts about Melissa Benoist
- Was wearing an eye-patch after an eye injury when she first put on her Supergirl (2015) costume.
- Has been cast as “Supergirl” in the CBS TV series Supergirl (2015). [January 2015]
- Lived her youth in Littleton, Colorado.
- (March 4, 2020) Expecting her first child with husband Chris Wood.
- In 2015, it was announced that she married Glee (2009) co-star Blake Jenner. Public records later revealed that the couple actually married in 2013. The couple separated in late 2016 and divorced in December 2017.
- Cited Susan Sontag and Gloria Steinem as inspirations for her portrayal of Supergirl (2015).
- One of her dogs is named Otis, also the name of Lex Luthor’s assistant in the Superman (1978) films.
- On The Late Late Show with James Corden: Melissa Benoist/Olivia Wilde/Saoirse Ronan (2015), along with Olivia Wilde and Saoirse Ronan, Melissa Benoist stated that the original French pronunciation of her surname was “Benoit”.
- Was given Superman-styled costumes for each of her dogs from Ellen DeGeneres as a guest on her show Ellen: The Ellen DeGeneres Show (2003).
- Both she and Helen Slater, who also played Supergirl (1984), are brunettes turned blondes for the role of Supergirl.
- She has played the same character (Kara Danvers / Supergirl) in five different television series: Arrow (2012), The Flash (2014), Supergirl (2015), Legends of Tomorrow (2016) and Batwoman (2019).
- She has unequal size of the eyes’ pupils due to an eye injury.
Personal Quotes by Melissa Benoist
I have a very optimistic view of my future right now. I’m very excited to see where it goes, but I try not to make plans just because I know how unpredictable life can be. Especially the life of an actor, and especially the life of an actor on ‘Glee.’ I just want to be happy and healthy and surrounded by people I love, as cheesy as it sounds.- Melissa Benoist
Of course, every actor wants to play as many roles on the Richter scale as they can, and Rachel Koresh certainly is very different from Supergirl, but she shares a lot of the strength that Supergirl has.- Melissa Benoist
I just loved the feeling of performing, of using my imagination to take me somewhere else.- Melissa Benoist
I always try to have my mother’s voice in my head, because I am very proud of the morals that she tried to instill in us.- Melissa Benoist