Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Michael C. Hall. Check it out!
Michael C. Hall was born in Raleigh, North Carolina, to Janice (Styons), a guidance counselor, and William Carlyle Hall, who worked for IBM. Michael is a graduate of NYU’s Master of Fine Arts program in acting. He is known for the titular character “Dexter” in Dexter (2006) and as mortician “David Fisher” in Six Feet Under (2001). His most recent performance on Broadway was as “Hedwig” in “Hedwig and the Angry Inch”. Previously, Hall portrayed the emcee in “Cabaret”, “Billy Flynn” in “Chicago” and “John Jones” in “The Realistic Joneses”. Hall has starred in nearly a dozen major off-Broadway plays, including “Macbeth” for the New York Shakespeare Festival, “Cymbeline” for the New York Shakespeare Festival at Central Park’s Delacorte Theater, “Timon of Athens” and “Henry V” at the Public, “The English Teachers” for Manhattan Class Company, “Corpus Christi” at the Manhattan Theatre Club, “Mr. Marmalade” with the Roundabout Theatre Company and “Skylight” at the Mark Taper Forum. Michael C. Hall is performing in independent motion pictures, such as Cold in July (2014) and Kill Your Darlings (2013).
Interesting Facts about Michael C. Hall
- MFA in Acting – New York University, Tisch School of the Arts (1996).
- Appeared on Broadway alongside ex-wife, Amy Spanger, in the revival of Chicago. He played Billy Flynn, and she played Roxie Hart.
- Originally, he wanted to be a lawyer.
- Battling Hodgkin’s lymphoma and the disease is in remission [January 13, 2010].
- His father died of cancer when he was eleven.
- Attended Ravenscroft School in Raleigh, North Carolina, the same school attended by actress Emily Procter, actor William Joyner, and editor Hughes Winborne.
- An accomplished theater actor who has starred in nearly a dozen major off-Broadway plays.
- Ex-wife Amy Spanger is a stage actress who has starred on Broadway in “Kiss Me Kate” and “Tick…tick… BOOM!”, and a Boston production of “Rent”.
- Ex-wife Jennifer Carpenter plays his sister on Dexter (2006).
- He had an older sister who died before he was born.
- Married Dexter (2006) co-star, Jennifer Carpenter, on December 31, 2008 at Big Sur, California. They divorced on December 2, 2011.
- Graduate of Earlham College, Richmond, Indiana, 1993.
Personal Quotes by Michael C. Hall
Being in a relationship, I only appreciate when I come home from work how much I’ve given of myself at work or how depleted I am, and I sometimes worry that I’ve given all my best energy to my work, and all I can offer you is the emptied out shell.- Michael C. Hall
When people go get chemo, they’re not injecting themselves with will – I have lost various loved ones to cancer, and I certainly don’t feel that I am any stronger or braver than them.- Michael C. Hall
I like to think I am well-mannered. If I have the option at a breakfast place, I’ll go with the grits. That’s how Southern I am.- Michael C. Hall
I did feel that a part of my work was to empty myself out and let it move through me.- Michael C. Hall