Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Michael Cera. Check it out!
Canadian actor Michael Cera was born in Brampton, Ontario, to parents who worked for Xerox. His mother, Linda, who is from Quebec, has English, Irish, Scottish, and Dutch ancestry, and his father, Luigi Cera, is Sicilian. Michael is the middle child between two sisters. He was educated at Conestoga Public School, Robert H. Lagerquist Senior Public School and Heart Lake Secondary School until the grade nine. Cera then completed his high school education via correspondence.
Interesting Facts about Michael Cera
- Member of The Interstate 5 Tennis Association.
- Owns a house in New York and Toronto.
- Lives in ultra trendy Los Angeles neighborhood, Los Feliz. Giovanni Ribisi, Bo Barrett, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Pine, Ryan Reynolds, Mark Ruffalo, Kristen Stuart, Brad Pitt, Hannah Telle and Robert Pattinson are among the other actors who also call Los Feliz home.
- Was ranked #1 on Entertainment Weekly’s ’30 Under 30′ the actors list (2008).
- Santiago, Chile: Filming Magic Magic (2013). [July 2011]
- Nominated for a Tony Award as Best Featured Actor in a Play for his performance in “Lobby Hero” in 2018.
- Says that he is often mistaken for Jesse Eisenberg.
- His last name means “wax” in Spanish, Italian and Portuguese.
- Splits his time between Los Angeles and with his family at home in Brampton.
- Last name is pronounced “SEH-ra”.
- Moving from Los Angeles, CA, USA to Brooklyn, NY, USA. [July 2013]
- His mother, Linda, comes from Montreal, Quebec, and has English, Irish, Scottish, and Dutch ancestry, and his father, Luigi Cera, is from Sicily.
Personal Quotes by Michael Cera
My parents are both really, really funny, and my little sister is a really good painter, and my other sister is a really good writer.- Michael Cera
I go on a lot of hikes. I read a lot. I play piano.- Michael Cera
My father works for Xerox and fixes those gigantic copy machines that are about 10 feet wide.- Michael Cera
I broke my nose and got a concussion when I was 13.- Michael Cera
The thing is, I really can’t relate to anyone my own age. Not in a superior way – an inferior way, if anything. Socially, I have no idea what my friends are talking about. I don’t listen to any new music. I feel very secluded.- Michael Cera