Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Michael Fassbender. Check it out!
Michael Fassbender is an Irish actor who was born in Heidelberg, Germany, to a German father, Josef, and an Irish mother, Adele (originally from Larne, County Antrim, in Northern Ireland). Michael was raised in the town of Killarney, Co. Kerry, in south-west Ireland, where his family moved to when he was two years old. His parents ran a restaurant (his father is a chef).
Interesting Facts about Michael Fassbender
- Was cast for the role of the vampire Adam in Only Lovers Left Alive (2013), but dropped out and was replaced by Tom Hiddleston.
- Was set to play author Thomas Wolfe in Genius (2016), but dropped out and was replaced by Jude Law.
- Born in Germany, to a German father and an Irish mother, and was raised in Ireland.
- Was the runner-up choice for the role of Doug Quaid in Total Recall (2012), but Colin Farrell was cast instead.
- Is close friends with X-Men co-star James McAvoy.
- Has a scar on his left ankle after James McAvoy crashed a golf cart the two were driving in and he sustained an injury on his left leg.
- He had a bit part in Woody Allen’s film Cassandra’s Dream (2007) but this was deleted.
- Shifting between British films and American films, he resides in London, England where he has lived for the last 15 years, while making career-related visits to Los Angeles, California.
- During the press conference of Macbeth (2015) at the Cannes Film Festival, he stated that his co-star Marion Cotillard, is the best actress in the business [May 23, 2015].
- Has an older sister: Catherine Fassbender, who is a neuropsychologist.
- During the press conference of Macbeth (2015) at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival, he stated that Akira Kurosawa’s Throne of Blood (1957) is his favorite Macbeth adaptation.
- Filmed Assassin’s Creed (2016), The Snowman (2017) and Alien: Covenant (2017) (in that specific order) one after each other, without breaks between films, between August 2015 and July 2016. He admitted that he needed a break after all these films.
Personal Quotes by Michael Fassbender
Any good kitchen should be stocked up in oysters, shouldn’t they?- Michael Fassbender
If there’s friends around, I’ll cook. Or if I have a girlfriend. But on my own I kind of fell out of the habit of it, and it’s a shame really because I know it’s good for me. It’s something quite therapeutic.- Michael Fassbender
I just went off for two months traveling around Europe on a motorcycle and pretty much turned my phone off. I did 5,000 miles with my dad. We went through Holland, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Italy… and then I did Spain and France by myself.- Michael Fassbender
It’s more interesting isn’t it, if I’ve got a hedonistic dark side?- Michael Fassbender
Nobody wants to hear Metallica at lunchtime.- Michael Fassbender