Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Michael Keaton. Check it out!
Quirky, inventive and handsome American actor Michael Keaton first achieved major fame with his door-busting performance as fast-talking ideas man Bill Blazejowski, alongside a nerdish morgue attendant (Henry Winkler), in Night Shift (1982). He played further comedic roles in Mr. Mum (1983), Johnny Dangerously (1984), and Beetlejuice (1988), earned further acclaim for his dramatic portrayal of Bruce Wayne / Batman in Tim Burton’s Batman (1989) and Batman Returns (1992), and since then, has moved easily between film genres, ranging from drama and romantic comedy to thriller and action.
Interesting Facts about Michael Keaton
- Was the first of only three actors to reprise the role of Batman in major, live-action films (Batman (1989)/Batman Returns (1992). Adam West did only one movie (Batman: The Movie (1966)) as Batman (along with the live-action TV series Batman (1966) and voice-work) and Kevin Conroy has only done voice-work as Batman. Christian Bale is the second actor to play the role more than once with (Batman Begins (2005) followed by The Dark Knight (2008) and for a third time in The Dark Knight Rises (2012)). Most recently, Ben Affleck has appeared in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), Suicide Squad (2016) and Justice League (2017).
- He turned down the roles of Alan and Freddie Bauer in Splash (1984), which went to Tom Hanks and John Candy respectively.
- He was considered for Kevin Costner’s roles in Field of Dreams (1989) and JFK (1991).
- He was considered for the lead role in Thunderheart (1992) that went to Val Kilmer, who replaced him as Batman.
- He was considered for the role of James Halliday in Ready Player One (2018) that went to Mark Rylance.
- He was considered for the role of Jack Traven in Speed (1994), which went to Keanu Reeves.
- A longtime Pittsburgh resident and fan of its sports teams, negotiated a break in his Batman movie contract in case the Pirates made the playoffs that year, although they ultimately did not. He also wrote an ESPN blog on the Pirates during the final months of their 2013 season.
- He was considered for Martin Riggs in Lethal Weapon (1987). He was also considered to play the villain Jack Travis in Lethal Weapon 3 (1992).
- John McTiernan wanted him to star in The 13th Warrior (1999), but the studio did not want him.
- He was considered for Tim Allen’s role in The Santa Clause (1994).
- Almost reprised his role as Batman/Bruce Wayne in Tim Burton’s unmade “Superman Lives”, even though Val Kilmer had played the role in his place in Batman Forever (1995).
- He was considered for Connor MacLeod in Highlander (1986).
Personal Quotes by Michael Keaton
I’ve changed my diet a few times. Now I’m trying to eat more protein. I eat little meals throughout the day. I love food, so I still give myself great meals. Also, when I’m busy, it’s easy to lose weight.- Michael Keaton
There comes a point in your life when you realize how quickly time goes by, and how quickly it has gone. Then it really speeds up exponentially. With that, I think you start to put a lot of things into context; you start to see how huge the world is, and really, the universe.- Michael Keaton
Guys never really get over their toys.- Michael Keaton
I was so gullible as a kid.- Michael Keaton
To make extra money, my parents would sell eggs and chickens. I was very little. I remember a chicken’s head being chopped off with the chicken running around. I wasn’t sure if my imagination was running away with me or if it really happened. It really happened.- Michael Keaton