Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Michael Shannon. Check it out!
Michael Corbett Shannon was born and raised in Lexington, Kentucky, the son of Geraldine Hine, a lawyer, and Donald Sutherlin Shannon, an accounting professor at DePaul University. His grandfather was entomologist Raymond Corbett Shannon.
Interesting Facts about Michael Shannon
- One of his favorite shows is Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist (1995).
- Grandson of well-known entomologist Raymond Corbett Shannon (1894-1945).
- He was awarded the 1992 Joseph Jefferson Award Citation for Actor in a Principal Role in a Play for “Fun/Nobody” at the Next Lab Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- Currently resides in Red Hook, Brooklyn, New York. [January 2011]
- He was nominated for a 2010 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actor in a Principal Role in a Play for “Mistakes Were Made” at the Red Orchid Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- Avid longtime fan of pulp novelist Jim Thompson.
- He was nominated for a 2002 Joseph Jefferson Award for Actor in a Principal Role in a Play for “Bug” at the A Red Orchid Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- He was awarded the 2018 Joseph Jefferson Equity Award for Midsize Play Director for “Traitor” at A Red Orchid Theatre in Chicago, Illinois.
- His favorite films are Alphaville (1965), The King of Comedy (1982), Dekalog (1989), Crumb (1994) and I Stand Alone (1998).
- His father was an accounting professor at DePaul University and his mother is a lawyer.
- Parents are Donald Sutherlin Shannon and Geraldine Hine; has one brother: Dave.
- Partner of actress Kate Arrington and father of their daughters, Sylvia and Marion.
Personal Quotes by Michael Shannon
I like to play characters that get to do it all – to have a bit of comedy here and a bit of pathos here and a bit of suspense here, that’s what’s fun.- Michael Shannon
Everything that happens on Wall Street only fortifies my opinion that there is in fact a more ludicrous industry than the entertainment industry.- Michael Shannon
I’ve known a lot of religious people. My mother is very religious, but she also is very private about it. When I was growing up, she never went to church. She just prayed and read her Bible and kept it to herself. I’m not from a background of flamboyant believers. It’s much more a personal issue.- Michael Shannon
I’m just kind of odd. There are dark forces in the world, and if you pay attention to what’s going on around you, you end up incorporating it into the storytelling. Maybe it’s some aspect of myself that’s coming through that people are seeing, that I am in fact a quiet psycho.- Michael Shannon
If you give me enough time, enough leash, I can become pretty reasonable.- Michael Shannon