Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Michelle Dockery. Check it out!
Michelle Suzanne Dockery (born 15 December 1981) is an English actress and singer. She is best known for her role as Lady Mary Crawley in the ITV drama series Downton Abbey (2010-2015), for which she has been nominated for three consecutive Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe Award. She made her professional stage debut in His Dark Materials in 2004. For her role as Eliza Doolittle in the 2007 London revival of Pygmalion, she was nominated for the Evening Standard Award.
Interesting Facts about Michelle Dockery
- Enjoys Breaking Bad (2008) and Game of Thrones (2011).
- Aside from acting, Dockery is also an accomplished jazz singer. She has sung several times at famous London jazz club Ronnie Scotts’, as well as making appearances at several festivals. Sometimes she collaborates with Downton Abbey (2010) co-star Elizabeth McGovern and her band Sadie and the Hotheads.
- Younger sister of Louise Sarah (b. 1976) and Joanne Michelle Dockery (b. 1978).
- Counts My So-Called Life (1994) and Mad Men (2007) among her favorite TV shows. Most personally identifies with Julia Louis-Dreyfus’s character Elaine from Seinfeld (1989).
- Aspinal of London created a new line of totes/handbags in her name: “The Dockery Collection” for both men and women. The esteemed Aspinal brand has been a personal royalty favorite of Catherine Duchess of Cambridge and her sister Pippa Middleton. 
- Won the Gold Medal for Drama at the world-renowned Guildhall School of Music and Drama, the most prestigious award given by the school.
- Was engaged to Irish PR director John Dineen on Valentine’s Day in February 2015, but he died from cancer 13 December 2015 just two days before Michelle’s 34th birthday. The couple had been introduced by Irish actor Allen Leech. In the TV series episode Good Behavior: Beautiful Things Deserve Beautiful Things (2016) featuring Dockery, Dineen is accorded an “In Loving Memory” dedication in the closing credits. At the funeral in County Cork, Ireland (16 Dec. 2015), Michelle performed her late fiancé’s favorite song “The Folks Who Live On the Hill.”.
- Michelle’s good friend Sarah Solemani spoofs her Downton Abbey (2010) Lady Mary character in Comic Relief: Uptown Downstairs Abbey (2011).
- Carries around a gray Sylvanian rabbit named ‘Little Lady Mary’ based on the fan created YouTube video series, Dollshouse Downton. In it Dockery’s character, Lady Mary Crawley, is played by such a gray Sylvanian rabbit.
- Father Michael was born in Athlone, County Westmeath, Ireland, into a family of 9 siblings.
- First realized that Downton Abbey (2010) was a transatlantic hit TV series when she was recognized in Manhattan at a Greenwich Village café.
- Apprenticed at London’s National Theatre.
Personal Quotes by Michelle Dockery
I want a house with a garden, but slap bang in the centre of London. Next door to a sushi bar.- Michelle Dockery
I think some period drama can be quite alienating, but ‘Downton’ isn’t. This is going to sound quite, um, pretentious, but someone said that it’s like a soap written by a poet.- Michelle Dockery
I do believe in one true love.- Michelle Dockery
It’s a bit of a history lesson, being an actor. I was in ‘Burnt By The Sun’ at the National, which was set in Stalinist Russia, so I discovered all about that. You learn so much as you go along.- Michelle Dockery
The journey matters as much as the destination. By engaging in the moment on set, I’ve stopped rushing and now find pleasure in the collaborative process – the characters, the costumes – rather than worrying about the finished product.- Michelle Dockery