Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Michelle Monaghan. Check it out!
Michelle Lynn Monaghan was born on March 23, 1976, in Winthrop, Iowa. She is the youngest of three children and the only daughter of Sharon (Hamel), who ran a day care center, and Robert L. Monaghan, a factory worker and farmer. She is of mostly Irish and German descent. After graduating from high school in Iowa, she studied journalism for three years at Chicago’s Columbia College. In order to pay for college, she took a job as a model. In 1999, she quit college and moved to New York to work full-time as a fashion model. She traveled the world doing stints on the runways in Milan, Singapore, Tokyo, and Hong Kong, and also enjoyed appearances in a of number magazines and catalogs.
Interesting Facts about Michelle Monaghan
- Gave birth to her first child at age 32, daughter Willow Katherine White, on November 5, 2008. Child’s father is her husband, Peter White. Returned to work seven months later to begin filming Somewhere (2010).
- Signed on to star opposite Patrick Dempsey in the romantic comedy Made of Honour (2008). [February 2007]
- Her scenes were deleted from Constantine (2005) and Syriana (2005).
- Holds a “Class A” driver’s license permitting her to legally drive an 18-wheeler truck. Monaghan merited this permit while preparing for her role in Trucker (2008).
- Grew up in the small town of Winthrop, IA, near Cedar Rapids in the northeast part of the state. Iowa.
- Born on exactly the same date as Keri Russell (of “Mickey Mouse Club” and “Felicity” fame).
- Was class president of her high school.
- Won blue ribbons as a hog wrestler when she was age 13.
- Her father is of Irish descent. Her mother is of mostly German, with small amounts of Swiss-German and English, ancestry.
- Is married to Australian graphic designer Peter White.
- Studied journalism at Chicago’s Columbia College.
- Gave birth to her second child at age 37, son Tommy Francis White, on October 30, 2013. Child’s father is her husband, Peter White.
Personal Quotes by Michelle Monaghan
I don’t really look like I do in any of my films.- Michelle Monaghan
I want to be inside Nic Pizzolatto’s brain.- Michelle Monaghan
I don’t really think too much about special effects because that’s not really something I can clearly visualize, so I leave that to the pros.- Michelle Monaghan
I live in L.A., so layers are essential to my wardrobe. I like slim silhouettes, typically, and I love good tailoring.- Michelle Monaghan
I’m still really fascinated with characters and people and telling their stories.- Michelle Monaghan