Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Michelle Pfeiffer. Check it out!
Michelle Pfeiffer was born in Santa Ana, California, to Donna Jean (Taverna) and Richard Pfeiffer, a heating and air-conditioning contractor. She has an older brother and two younger sisters – Dedee Pfeiffer and Lori Pfeiffer, who both dabbled in acting and modeling but decided against making it their life’s work. Her parents were both originally from North Dakota. Her father had German and British Isles ancestry, and her mother was of half Swiss-German and half Swedish descent.
Interesting Facts about Michelle Pfeiffer
- Despite playing her granddaughter in The Age of Innocence (1993), she is just 17 years younger than Miriam Margolyes.
- When she was in her 20s, strangers would come up to her thinking she was Debbie Harry from the band Blondie. Not surprisingly, Harry stated in an interview that if she could choose any actress to play her in a film, she would choose Pfeiffer.
- Was considered for the role in Bugsy (1991) that eventually went to Annette Bening.
- Was considered for a part in Working Girl (1988) along with Meryl Streep. The roles eventually went to Melanie Griffith (replacing Pfeiffer) and Sigourney Weaver (replacing Streep).
- In 1995 “Empire” Magazine made a list of the sexiest movie star of all time. She was third. First was Johnny Depp and second was Marilyn Monroe.
- Received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6801 Hollywood Blvd. on August 6, 2007.
- Her first job as a performer was playing “Alice” from Alice in Wonderland (1951) at Disneyland in the Main Street Electrical Parade in the mid-1970s.
- Turned down the role of the Angel of Death in A Prairie Home Companion (2006). It went to Virginia Madsen.
- Was considered for the role of Eva Perón in Evita (1996), and when the film was to be directed by Oliver Stone she had taken a few months of voice training for the role.
- In 1998, joined the “12 Million Dollar Club” along with Meg Ryan and Jodie Foster (knocking Demi Moore off the list). Michelle would only earn this salary for one picture.
- After almost 20 years to the day, she has reunited with two former directors for new projects. Garry Marshall, who directed Pfeiffer in Frankie and Johnny (1991), is directing her in New Year’s Eve (2011), and Tim Burton, who directed her in Batman Returns (1992), is directing her in Dark Shadows (2012).
- Her name was misspelled as “Michele” in the credits of Callie & Son (1981).
Personal Quotes by Michelle Pfeiffer
First of all, plain and simple, you have no real idea of what it means to be famous until you become famous. It’s a double-edged sword. Obviously there are a lot of amazing things about fame, but there are also a lot of challenging things about it.- Michelle Pfeiffer
This is the thing I’ve learned, after a lot of couch time: There are always red flags. You need to look for those red flags along the way so you don’t continue to make the same mistakes with another person.- Michelle Pfeiffer
Being a parent is the hardest thing in the world… the psychological toll it takes on you because these lives are in your hands. I take it very seriously.- Michelle Pfeiffer
I don’t know if it’s naivete or just narcissism, but I start out with this notion that I can do anything. It’s not until I get into it that I realize what I’ve thrown myself into, and then I will do anything not to humiliate myself. And that, I think, is the secret to my success.- Michelle Pfeiffer
I’m a perfectionist, so I can drive myself mad – and other people, too. At the same time, I think that’s one of the reasons I’m successful. Because I really care about what I do.- Michelle Pfeiffer