Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Michelle Williams. Check it out!
A small-town girl born and raised in rural Kalispell, Montana, Michelle Ingrid Williams is the daughter of Carla Ingrid (Swenson), a homemaker, and Larry Richard Williams, a commodity trader and author. Her ancestry is Norwegian, as well as German, British Isles, and other Scandinavian. She was first known as bad girl Jen Lindley in the television series Dawson’s Creek (1998). She appeared in the comedy film Dick (1999), which was a parody of the Watergate Scandal along with Kirsten Dunst, as well as Prozac Nation (2001) with Christina Ricci. Since then, Michelle has worked her way into the world of independent films such as The Station Agent (2003), Imaginary Heroes (2004), and The Baxter (2005). But her real success happened in 2005 when she starred in Ang Lee’s Brokeback Mountain (2005) as Alma Beers Del Mar. A woman who realizes her husband is in love with another man. Her talent shown in Brokeback Mountain (2005) landed her an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress. In 2011, she received her first lead role Academy Award nomination for Blue Valentine (2010). She followed this in 2012 with a lead role Academy Award nomination for My Week with Marilyn (2011).
Interesting Facts about Michelle Williams
- Dated singer/songwriter Andy Herod (of “The Comas”) for two years. His latest album “Conductor” is about their relationship and his heartbreak after it ended. Michelle also features in the accompanying short film of the same name.
- Katharine Hepburn is one of her favorite actresses.
- After becoming known for doing smaller independent films like Blue Valentine (2010), Michelle Williams surprised audiences by appearing in the musical The Greatest Showman (2017), and the comedy I Feel Pretty (2018) with Amy Schumer. In response to doing big budget movies like All the Money in the World (2017) or Venom (2018), Williams told “Vanity Fair,” “I always like to do things I haven’t done before-genres, parts. I like a challenge.”.
- Was once roommates with Jessica Chastain. They were both nominated for Oscars in 2012 and have remained good friends.
- Her ex-fiancé and father of her daughter Matilda, Heath Ledger, died on January 22, 2008.
- Her father Larry is a Commodities Trader and is divorced from her mother Carla.
- Michelle’s father is of one half Norwegian, one quarter German, and approximately one quarter English, ancestry, along with distant Scottish roots. Michelle’s mother is of three eighths Norwegian descent, with Michelle’s mother’s other ancestry including Swedish, Swiss-German, Danish, English, Welsh, and Scottish.
- Was roommates with Christina Ricci whilst filming Prozac Nation (2001) with her.
- Michelle Williams, who plays Anne Weying, began acting at a young age, her first big role being in the 1994 Lassie (1994) movie when she was only 14. After that, she emancipated herself from her parents and relocated to Los Angeles, landing a steady role on Dawson’s Creek (1998) in 1998.
- On March 2, 2017, Katy Perry used Michelle’s platinum short hair as an inspiration for her new hairstyle. Perry posted on her official Instagram account a photo of Williams in her Fall/Winter 2013 Louis Vuitton campaign with the caption “shout out to my inspo”.
- Accepted the role of Glinda in Oz the Great and Powerful (2013) so that her daughter Matilda could watch a movie with her in it.
- Was in a relationship with Spike Jonze, having met on the set of Where the Wild Things Are (2009) (July 2008-September 2009).
Personal Quotes by Michelle Williams
Every movie I make I find kind of excruciating. I get a lot back from it, but I feel like I’m kind of always working at the edge of my ability. I guess that’s what I’m looking for when I go to work. I am trying to become the edge.- Michelle Williams
I experienced a lot of loss after his death. I lost my city because of all the paparazzi descending upon us. I actually lost my journal during that time, oddly enough. I literally couldn’t hold on to anything.- Michelle Williams
The possibilities are endless for me – Broadway, TV, music and film.- Michelle Williams
I’m not lonely, and I think that has a lot to do with what’s on my bedside table rather than what’s in my bed.- Michelle Williams
I’m Norwegian.- Michelle Williams