Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Mickey Rourke. Check it out!
Mickey Rourke was born Phillip Andre Rourke, Jr. on September 16, 1952, in Schenectady, New York, the son of Annette (Cameron) and Phillip Andre Rourke. His father was of Irish and German descent, and his mother was of French-Canadian, English, and German ancestry. When he was six years old, his parents divorced. A year later, his mother married Eugene Addis, a Miami Beach police officer, and moved to Miami Shores, Florida. After graduating from Horace Mann Junior High School, Rourke’s family moved to a house located on 47th Street and Prairie Avenue in Miami Beach. In 1969 Rourke attended Miami Beach Senior High School, where he played second-string first baseman under coach Skip Berkman. He also acted in a school play, “The Serpent,” directed by legendary “Teacher To The Stars” Jay W. Jensen.
Interesting Facts about Mickey Rourke
- Made his professional boxing debut on May 23, 1991 in Florida by winning a 4 round decision over Steve Powell.
- Was trained by Sandra Seacat.
- Attended The Wrestler UK VIP Screening in London, England on Jan. 5th. [January 2009]
- In 1971, Mickey Rourke, fighting as Phil Rourke, knocked out Leroy Harrington in 15 seconds of an amateur boxing match in Miami, Florida.
- Is a motorcycle enthusiast.
- Visited former World Middleweight Boxing Champion Carlos Monzón while Monzón was in prison for murder in Argentina. The two reportedly boxed an exhibition.
- Attended the Inglourious Basterds London Premiere on July 23rd. [July 2009]
- Kim Basinger once called him “The Human Ashtray”.
- Retired from boxing undefeated after boxing a draw with “Irish” Sean Gibbons in Davie, Florida in 1994.
- Sparred with world champions James Toney and Carlos Monzón.
- Became a professional boxer in 1991 but retired in 1995.
Personal Quotes by Mickey Rourke
When you’re young, working in a warehouse or selling hot dogs, you look at work – at acting – as something precious. It gets you out of the stink.- Mickey Rourke
People are always afraid of the truth.- Mickey Rourke
When you lose everything, and I mean everything, you sit there in this empty room in the dark, and the only person who can get you out is you.- Mickey Rourke
I’m not gonna rush out and see the next ‘Batman;’ I’m not big on formula movies.- Mickey Rourke
There’s always going to be a war going on inside of me. That’s just, I think, my make-up.- Mickey Rourke