Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Mike Myers. Check it out!
Michael John Myers was born in 1963 in Scarborough, Ontario, to Alice E. (Hind), an officer supervisor, and Eric Myers, an insurance agent. His parents were both English, and had served in the Royal Air Force and British Army, respectively.
Interesting Facts about Mike Myers
- Collects model soldiers; he finds the building and painting of the soldiers to be relaxing.
- He transferred to Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute in Scarborough, Ontario, from Sir John A. MacDonald C.I. for the Television Production course offered in grades 11 & 12. The school opened its doors in 1970 with fully-equipped television and radio studios. It is still the most in-depth television course in Ontario offered at a high school.
- His performance as Dr. Evil in the “Austin Powers” movies is ranked #35 on Premiere Magazine’s 100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time.
- He decided to go by mike Myers instead of his full name Micheal Myers because there was already a famous Micheal Myers the famous serial killer from the Halloween movies.
- Became a father for the 1st time at age 48 when his wife Kelly Tisdale gave birth to their son Spike Myers on September 29, 2011.
- 2000: The Hollywood Reporter reported that he was being considered for the role of Inspector Clouseau, in The Pink Panther (2006). A fan of Peter Sellers (who played Clouseau in the original film), Myers was said to be initially reluctant to do the role, but became enthused about it after meeting with Ivan Reitman (who was originally set to direct). Reitman told the Calgary Sun that the new film “won’t be a retread of the Peter Sellers versions. We want something new and fresh. Mike has to find a whole new character for Clouseau that is not Peter Sellers, but is also not Austin Powers.” In March 2002, Myers withdrew from the project.
- Appeared with Gilda Radner, in a television commercial when he was nine, he cried on the last day of the shooting. Since then, his brothers called him “Sucky Baby”.
- There is a street named “Wayne’s World Drive” in Draper, Utah, which is 20 minutes south of Salt Lake City.
- Has 3 dogs named after hockey players.
- In addition to being nominated for Worst Actor of 2004 at the Razzie awards, for his performance in The Cat in the Hat (2003), he was also suggested on the 2004 nominating ballot in the Worst Supporting Actor category for his role in View from the Top (2003). He failed to receive the Supporting Actor nomination, but got the Lead Actor nomination.
- On Sunday 3rd July 2011, Myers returned to The Comedy Store in London to reprise his role ‘for one night only’ with the improvisational troupe (The Comedy Store Players).
- Enjoyed playing the role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons when he was young. He has said this give him the inspiration for his Saturday Night Live (1975) character, Lothar of the Hill People.
Personal Quotes by Mike Myers
I have very happy memories of fairy tales. My mother used to take me to the library in Toronto to check out the fairy tales. And she was an actress, so she used to act out for me the different characters in all these fairy tales.- Mike Myers
Anyone who tells you fatherhood is the greatest thing that can happen to you, they are understating it.- Mike Myers
I write everything I do. On the average, it takes you about sixty months from the first molecule of an idea to it being in front of an audience. I’m actually somebody that creates their own stuff.- Mike Myers
I had a blast, but I still wonder sometimes why they saw me as the perfect guy for this strange character.- Mike Myers
Canada is a country of ingredients without a cuisine; we’re a country with musicians without an indigenous instrument; Toronto’s a city that doesn’t even have a dish named after it.- Mike Myers