Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Mike Tyson. Check it out!
Mike Tyson was born on June 30, 1966 in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, USA as Michael Gerard Tyson. He is an actor and producer, known for The Hangover (2009), The Hangover Part II (2011) and Ip Man 3 (2015). He has been married to Lakiha Spicer since June 6, 2009. They have two children. He was previously married to Monica Turner and Robin Givens.
Interesting Facts about Mike Tyson
- At 13 years old weighed 200 pounds.
- Not long after his release from prison, he was ready for a massive return. It was the most anticipated comeback in generations. In August of 1995, he beat Peter McNeeley in a matter of seconds – 89, to be exact.
- His 1988 1 min. 30 sec. match against Michael Spinks was compared to challenging boxer John L. Sullivan in Timecop (1994).
- He was fined $3 million, and was banned from boxing for one year for biting Evander Holyfield’s ear during a bout.
- He was unable to continue in his comeback fight against Irish Heavyweight Champion Kevin McBride, and lost by a technical knockout. He announced his retirement after the fight. [June 2005]
- Proposed fights with World Wrestling champion Hulk Hogan and Mixed Martial Art’s Champ Royce Gracie never materialized.
- At one point his net worth was over $400 million.
- Ex-wife Monica Turner is a pediatric resident at Georgetown University Medical Center.
- Retired with a record as of 2002: 50-6-0 (44) 2nc.
- Won his first 19 fights by knockout.
- In 1991 Desiree Washington, a Miss Black America contestant, charged that Tyson raped her in an Indianapolis hotel room. He was arrested, tried, convicted and served three years in prison.
- Titles: 1986: WBC Heavyweight Title 1987: WBA Heavyweight Title 1987: IBF Heavyweight Title 1987: Undisputed World Heavyweight Champion 1996: WBC Heavyweight Title 1996: WBA Heavyweight Title
Personal Quotes by Mike Tyson
Sometimes I put on a ski mask and dress in old clothes, go out on the streets and beg for quarters.- Mike Tyson
I just want to be humble at all times.- Mike Tyson
I don’t try to intimidate anybody before a fight. That’s nonsense. I intimidate people by hitting them.- Mike Tyson