Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Miles Teller. Check it out!
Miles Alexander Teller is an American actor and musician. For his performance in the film The Spectacular Now (2013), he won the Dramatic Special Jury Award for Acting at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. He has appeared in the films Rabbit Hole (2010), Footloose (2011), Project X (2012), That Awkward Moment (2014), Divergent (2014), Two Night Stand (2014), Whiplash (2014).
Interesting Facts about Miles Teller
- Miles wears a green bracelet that says “Buckle up for Bo” in honor of a friend who died in a car crash a year after Miles himself was in a near-fatal car crash. He wears it almost all the time, and has worn it for most of the movies he’s been in, except where it doesn’t work for the movie.
- Born on the same date as Daniella Pineda.
- Teller appeared in the stage musical Footloose (2011). This led to being cast in the film remake of Footloose (2011) starring Kenny Wormald, in which he played the same character as in the stage musical.
- His parents are Merry (Flowers) and Mike Teller.
- In high school, he was a drummer for a church youth group band.
- Good friends with Shailene Woodley. They co-starred in both The Spectacular Now (2013) and Divergent (2014) and attended the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards (2013) together.
- According to Nicole Kidman, he blushed and quivered during his audition for Rabbit Hole (2010), which got him the part, since “he was real”.
- Miles’ paternal grandfather was of Russian Jewish descent, while Miles’ paternal grandmother is of Irish and Polish ancestry. Miles’ mother’s family, which has English and some French lineage, has deep roots in New Jersey.
- Teller was nominated for the Discovery Award at the Savannah Film Festival for his role as Jason in the 2010 film Rabbit Hole (2010).
- He graduated from Lecanto High School in 2005.
- Arrested for Public Drunkenness.[June 18, 2017].
- Graduated from Lecanto High School.
Personal Quotes by Miles Teller
I’ve played drums in bands since I was 16.- Miles Teller
First play I ever did was ‘Footloose.’ I played the part of Willard when I was 16. I think I wore my drama teacher’s jeans and her belt – that’s how small I was. I know a lot of Willard’s back story from the musical that’s not explored in the film. Like he’s got this whole relationship with his mama, and he sings this song ‘Mama Says.’- Miles Teller
I grew up in a very small town in Florida, like, 7,000 people.- Miles Teller
I’m the first one out on the dance floor. In college I had to take jazz, ballet and tap dancing, but, before that, it was just social.- Miles Teller
So I think that in the beginning of your career you’re just looking to work. Luckily for me, my first movie was ‘Rabbit Hole’ and I got to work with incredible people, a Pulitzer prize winning writer, John Cameron Mitchell, and all the actors involved. So it’s tough, man, because you want to have credibility.- Miles Teller