Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Miley Cyrus. Check it out!
Miley Ray Cyrus was born Destiny Hope Cyrus on November 23, 1992 in Franklin, Tennessee to Tish Cyrus & Billy Ray Cyrus. She has five siblings – two half-brothers, a half-sister, and a younger brother and sister. Her birth name is Destiny Hope Cyrus, because her parents hoped she would achieve greatness. Her childhood nickname, Smiley, due to her cheerful disposition, was eventually shortened to Miley. Her paternal grandfather was Democratic politician Ron Cyrus.
Interesting Facts about Miley Cyrus
- Ranked #25 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” of 2014 list.
- Was considered for the role of Peter Pan in NBC’s Peter Pan Live! (2014).
- On the night of November 11, 2018, while filming on location in South Africa, Cyrus broke a longstanding social media blackout meant to lead to the premier of her seventh studio album to reveal the home she shared with fiance Liam Hemsworth burned down in the Woolsey wildfire. In her posts, she expressed devastation for her community and acknowledged the safety of herself, her fiancé, and their many pets, while providing links for her followers to donate time, money, and resources to groups and charities in the effort to extinguish the 2018 California wildfires and help those whom they affected. She was one of many resident entertainers in the area, including Gerard Butler, Neil Young and Robin Thicke, who lost their homes in the fire.
- Voted #64 on the 2011 Maxim list “Hot 100” women.
- Engaged to Liam Hemsworth. [June 2012]
- Miley’s half-brother, Trace Cyrus, and her Hannah Montana (2006) co-star Mitchel Musso’s brother, Mason Musso, are in the band “Metro Station”.
- Filming for new movie, So Undercover (2012). [February 2011]
- Released a 3D concert movie of her Best of Both Worlds Tour on February 1st, 2008. It became the highest grossing Super Bowl weekend release ever.
- Working on Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009). [July 2008]
- U.S.A: Recording her new album called “Bangerz”. [August 2013]
- Was ranked #22 on Moviefone’s ‘The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25’ (2008).
- Working on her new album Breakout [July 2008]
Personal Quotes by Miley Cyrus
My mom is always telling me it takes a long time to get to the top, but a short time to get to the bottom.– Miley Cyrus
Anyone that hates on you is always below you, because they’re just jealous of what you have.– Miley Cyrus
Music is what I breathe, what I love to do. It keeps me alive.– Miley Cyrus
I know what I’m doing. I know I’m shocking you.– Miley Cyrus
I am not very good at keeping secrets at all! If you want your secret kept do not tell me!– Miley Cyrus