Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Morgan Freeman. Check it out!
With an authoritative voice and calm demeanor, this ever popular American actor has grown into one of the most respected figures in modern US cinema. Morgan was born on June 1, 1937 in Memphis, Tennessee, to Mayme Edna (Revere), a teacher, and Morgan Porterfield Freeman, a barber. The young Freeman attended Los Angeles City College before serving several years in the US Air Force as a mechanic between 1955 and 1959. His first dramatic arts exposure was on the stage including appearing in an all-African American production of the exuberant musical Hello, Dolly!.
Interesting Facts about Morgan Freeman
- Though he was born in Memphis, he actually grew up in the Mississippi Delta region. He moved back to Mississippi to open a blues club and restaurant in 2001.
- Owns a boat which is berthed in the Caribbean. His busy schedule, however, only allows him to go sailing on it once a year.
- Grandfather to Alfonso Rene (b. March 11, 1983), Joshua Caleb (b. February 27, 1984) and Donovan Lee Freeman (b. August 18, 1987) via son Alfonso Freeman.
- Ranked fourth highest grossing actor of all time with his previous films grossing $4.3 billion.
- Is one of two African American actors in the top 5 highest grossing actors of all time, the other actor is Eddie Murphy.
- Has appeared in two films opposite a main character named Jack Ryan: The Sum of All Fears (2002) and The Big Bounce (2004).
- Works closely with screenwriter Grant Boucher.
- Village Voice Obie for Great Performances: The Gospel at Colonus (1985). 
- The scrapped Disney project ‘King of the Elves’ had the protagonist modeled on him.
- Most of the characters he has played are not written specifically for an African-American actor.
- Has his own production company, Revelation Entertainment.
- Father of Alfonso Freeman from his relationship with Loletha Adkins and Saifoulaye Freeman (b. August 31, 1961) from another previous relationship.
Personal Quotes by Morgan Freeman
The best way to guarantee a loss is to quit.- Morgan Freeman
It can have an enormous effect because big budget movies can have big budget perks, and small budget movies have no perks, but what is the driving force, of course, is the script, and your part in it.- Morgan Freeman
I don’t get off on romantic parts. But I often think if I had had my dental work done early on, well, maybe.- Morgan Freeman
Martin Luther King Jr. is remembered as our prince of peace, of civil rights. We owe him something major that will keep his memory alive.- Morgan Freeman
I joined the air force. I took to it immediately when I arrived there. I did three years, eight months, and ten days in all, but it took me a year and a half to get disabused of my romantic notions about it.- Morgan Freeman