Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Naomi Watts. Check it out!
Naomi Ellen Watts was born on September 28, 1968 in Shoreham, England, to Myfanwy Edwards “Miv” (Roberts), an antiques dealer and costume/set designer, and Peter Watts (Peter Anthony Watts), the road manager to Pink Floyd. Her maternal grandfather was Welsh. Her father died when Naomi was seven and she began to follow her mother and her brother around England, until she was fourteen, then they settled in Australia, where her maternal grandmother was from. She coaxed her mother into letting her take acting class when they arrived. After bit parts in commercials, she landed her first role in For Love Alone (1986). Naomi met her best friend, Nicole Kidman, when they both auditioned for a bikini commercial and they shared a taxi ride home. In 1991, Naomi starred along Kidman in the sleeper-hit Flirting (1991) directed by John Duigan. Naomi continued her career by starring in the Australian Brides of Christ (1991) co-starring Oscar-winners Russell Crowe and Brenda Fricker.
Interesting Facts about Naomi Watts
- Named #2 in the French edition of FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006”.
- Lost in Space (1998) takes place two days after her 90th birthday.
- Turned down the role of Narcissa Malfoy on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009) and the role went to Helen McCrory.
- Director David Lynch asked her to be in the movie Mulholland Drive (2001) after picking out her headshot from a stack of actors.
- Has played Four characters whose name is Ann. Ann Paterson In it Dream House 2011, Ann in Funny Games U.S 2007, Anna in Eastern Promises 2007 and Ann Darrow in King Kong 2005.
- Named #4 of Sexiest Women over the age of 35 according to the editors at MSN Lifestyle: Men.
- In 2007, a rumor circulated that she had been cast as Narcissa Malfoy in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009). The day after the rumor appeared, her PR reps claimed it wasn’t true.
- Born the day after Star Trek: The Enterprise Incident (1968) aired.
- Was voted 3rd in Entertainment Weekly’s Entertainers of the Year in December 2005.
- In New Zealand, filming Peter Jackson’s King Kong (2005). 
- Her mother Miv Watts is an interior designer.
- Before finally accepting a lead role in You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger (2010), she was forced to turn down roles by Woody Allen in both Melinda and Melinda (2004) and Cassandra’s Dream (2007) due to scheduling conflicts.
Personal Quotes by Naomi Watts
When I had dark hair I definitely felt that I was more anonymous.- Naomi Watts
It’s always nerve-racking to take off your clothes on film. But doing it with a woman felt safer than with a man. You know you can say, ‘Don’t grab me there: That’s where my cellulite is’!- Naomi Watts
There’s a lot of skeletons in my closet, but I know what they’re wearing. I’m not gonna act all ashamed of it.- Naomi Watts
I actually have a fear of the water because I nearly drowned. I got caught in a rip tide, and I wasn’t a good swimmer because that was when I was emigrating from England to Australia.- Naomi Watts
There was a time I was very much blaming the way I felt on L.A, that it was a vacuum of creativity, of humor or anything organic, and I was really angry at the place. But then today I feel completely different – I love L.A.!- Naomi Watts