Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Natalie Dormer. Check it out!
Natalie Dormer born 11 February 1982 is an English actress. She is best known for her roles as Anne Boleyn on the Showtime series The Tudors (2007-10), as Margaery Tyrell on the HBO series Game of Thrones (2012-14), Irene Adler on the CBS series Elementary (2013-15), and as Cressida in the science-fiction adventure films The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 (2014) and Part 2 (2015). She has been nominated for Best Performance at the Gemini Awards for her work in The Tudors. She has also been nominated for a Screen Actor’s Guild Award for her performance in Game of Thrones.
Interesting Facts about Natalie Dormer
- Has run the London Marathon twice in sub-4 hours (April 22, 2014 & 24 April 2016).
- She had a minor supporting role in the 2011 film, Captain America: The First Avenger (2011), with Chris Evans.
- Attended drama school in the UK with actor Tom Mison.
- She has a brother, Mark, and a sister, Samantha.
- Of the Dormer Coat of Arms.
- She played Irene Adler/Jamie Moriarty on Elementary (2012).
- Despite rumours that Dormer is related to historical lady-in-waiting Jane Dormer, who served Queen Mary I, they have no familial connection. On this subject, Dormer stated, “It’s one of these fabricated Wikipedia facts that is completely false. I don’t know my heritage at all; I’ve never traced it! There was a woman, called Jane Dormer, in the Royal Court who happened to have the same family name as me, but I think that’s as far as it goes.”.
- Her role in Casanova (2005) was originally written to be much smaller. But Natalie so impressed Director Lasse Hallström, he expanded her part, and also injected more humor into the role once he realized how well Natalie handled comedy.
- Trained at the Webber Douglas Academy in London whose alumni include Rupert Friend, Matthew Goode, Hugh Bonneville, Elizabeth Knowelden and Minnie Driver.
- Her names originates from the Late Latin name Natalia. It is derived from the Latin phrases natale domini, “birth of Lord”, or dies natalis, “Birthday”.
- Was in a relationship with Irish writer-director Anthony Byrne from 2007 to 2018; they got engaged from 2011 to 2018. She met Byrne during her 2-year stint on location in Dublin for The Tudors (2007). He directed her in the Hozier music video “Someone New” (2014).
- Has played the mothers of both of England’s “Queen Elizabeths”. She portrayed “Anne Boleyn” in Showtime’s series, The Tudors (2007), opposite Jonathan Rhys Meyers, and was later cast as the “Queen Mother” by Madonna in her film, W.E. (2011), which was based on the romance between Duke of Windsor and his twice-divorced American mistress/wife, Duchess of Windsor.
Personal Quotes by Natalie Dormer
When girls bully, it’s very subtle, and you can’t define it. At least with boys, the bullying is usually explicit, and you can deal with it. It’s psychological with girls.– Natalie Dormer
I feel like I’ve really earnt my stripes – I feel ready to play a lead. I would just love to prove I’m good enough to carry a project.– Natalie Dormer
When I was a little girl, my grandfather, who I was very close to, used to grow yellow roses. He had yellow roses growing all the way up his drive.– Natalie Dormer
I don’t know if I’m a daredevil, exactly, but I do enjoy a good challenge. It’s the only way you grow.– Natalie Dormer
I’m quite physical. I’m from one of those dog-walking families where hiking up a mountain is meant to be fun.– Natalie Dormer