Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Naya Rivera. Check it out!
Naya Rivera was born on January 12, 1987 in Valencia, California, USA as Naya Marie Rivera. She was an actress, known for Glee (2009), The Royal Family (1991) and The Master of Disguise (2002). She was married to Ryan Dorsey. She died on July 8, 2020 in Ventura, California.
Interesting Facts about Naya Rivera
- Had a son: Josey Dorsey (b. September 17, 2015) with ex-husband, Ryan Dorsey.
- In 2011, she ranked #1 on AfterEllen’s Hot 100 list.
- Released her first single, “Sorry” ft. Big Sean, on September 17, 2013.
- Rivera’s younger brother, Mychal Rivera, has started as tight end, #81, for the Tennessee Volunteers football team. And in 2013 he was the 184th pick in round 6 of the NFL Draft. He debuted in 2013 as a tight end, #81, for the Oakland Raiders.
- When she was 17, she worked as a greeter at Abercrombie & Fitch but quit to take a job selling memberships at Lake Elizabeth Golf & Ranch Club.
- In 2012, Rivera held her #1 rank on AfterEllen’s Hot 100 list.
- In December 2011, Rivera became the new face of Proactiv Solution.
- Revealed in her autobiography “Sorry Not Sorry” that she had an abortion in 2010, after discovering that she was pregnant with the child of Ryan Dorsey from whom she had split at that time. She and Dorsey later married in 2014 and started a family together.
- Had 6 tattoos. They included a small bow on the back of her neck, the word “Love” written in Hebrew on the inside of her right wrist, a large cross on her lower back, a small peace sign on the inside of her left ankle, and a shooting star on the top of her right foot.
- Was on the verge of quitting acting before she got her role in Glee.
- She was a lifelong liberal Democrat.
- Younger sister, Nickayla Rivera, called her “Little Sonic”, because of her “off-the-charts energy” when she got excited.
Personal Quotes by Naya Rivera
If you think back to your first love, you always remember them and little things always remind you of them.- Naya Rivera
Honestly, I never thought I’d actually be playing a teen lesbian. I didn’t think it was going to go this far. But I’m glad that it did, because there have been a lot of fans who have expressed that they’ve been going through similar situations in their lives.- Naya Rivera
I think it’s important to be able to say that you did live a normal life and struggled to make ends meet. It all has to do with work ethic and how I apply myself to my awesome job now. I’ve always been used to working because I’ve been working since I was four.- Naya Rivera
I am half Puerto Rican, a quarter German and a quarter black. That was always a big issue for me – being mixed race – because casting directors tended to be very like, ‘OK, are you Hispanic for this role?’ ‘Or is she going to be African American?’- Naya Rivera
I will admit to hoarding beauty products. I’m a beauty lady.- Naya Rivera