Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Nia Long. Check it out!
Stunning pop culture icon, Hollywood leading lady and three-time NAACP award winner Nia Long returns to the big screen this fall in the highly anticipated Universal Pictures sequel The Best Man Holiday (in theaters November 15th) where she reunites with original castmates Taye Diggs (“Private Practice”), Terrence Howard (Hustle & flow), Morris Chestnut (The brothers) and Harold Perrineau (“Lost”). Additionally in Spring 2014, Long will star in Tyler Perry’s Single mom’s club alongside Wendi McLendon- Covey (Bridesmaids), Tyler Perry (Madea) and Amy Smart (Crank).
Interesting Facts about Nia Long
- Voted one of the 50 most beautiful people in the World 2000 by People Magazine
- Took Third Place by the readers of Black Men Magazine for “The 10 Sexiest Women of the Year.” 
- Mentioned by name in the lyrics of many rap songs including, J. Cole (No Role Modelz), Kanye West (Touch the Sky), Dave East (Dreams of F*****g Nia Long), Ghostface Killah (The Hilton), Papoose (Control), Lil’ Wayne (Novacane), Nas (Oochie Wally), Chingy (Dem Jeans), Webbie (Like That), Meek Mill (I’m Leanin’), Juicy J (Bandz A Make Her Dance), etc.
- Returned to work 12 months after giving birth to her son Kez in order to begin filming The Single Moms Club (2014).
- Career got started by Betty A. Bridges, mother of actor Todd Bridges. Betty was her acting coach for 15 years.
- Early in her career at a casting call she was once told that ‘your eyebrows are too sophisticated’.
- Friends with F. Gary Gray.
- She and Massai Z. Dorsey were to wed in June 2001, but ended their relationship before getting married to each other.
- Nia and her beau, Massai Z. Dorsey, have announced that they are expecting their first child in November 2000. They also announced that they will wed in June 2001.
- Younger half-sister of comedian Sommore.
- First child Massai Zhivago Dorsey II, with Massai Z. Dorsey was born on November 26th, 2000 in Los Angeles.
- Attended the same junior high school as friend Regina King.
Personal Quotes by Nia Long
I have a beautiful son, I don’t regret it, I’m very proud of the way that we handle our relationship and the way that we keep our son first and that’s our priority.- Nia Long
It’s my motor, it’s the thing that keeps me going and so when I have these auditions for these big movies, I can depend on myself because I’ve been working consistently.- Nia Long
I’m not going to live my life unhappy and why should he and we talk about it and I think what’s great about the film is that it shows is the meaning of family doesn’t have to be as traditional as it once was, like you can make a family.- Nia Long
First of all when you’re a mommy like you like the consistency of being on a show like that’s just peace of mind, I know I have financial, you know stability.- Nia Long
It took a long time to get that film made. I went in for it almost right after or like maybe six or seven months after I had my son and actually auditioned for the Regina King part and they just were like, ‘No, you’re just – you just don’t really seem the part.’- Nia Long