Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Nicole Mitchell Murphy. Check it out!
Nicole Mitchell Murphy was born on January 5, 1968 in Sacramento, California, USA as Nicole Ronnette Mitchell. She is known for her work on Shut the Fuck Up (2009), Global Beauty Masters (2014) and Just Love (2016). She was previously married to Eddie Murphy.
Interesting Facts about Nicole Mitchell Murphy
- Wedding dress was made of white silk and satin, it was low-cut and off-the-shoulder and featured French Alençon lace and rosettes. The cathedral train was 12 feet long. Her cathedral tulle veil was edged in Belgian embroidery and decorated with Austrian crystals and pearls.
- Her mother, Ellen Mitchell, died on November 4, 2019.
- Met Eddie Murphy in 1988 at an NAACP Image Awards show. They lived together for a year and a half before they married. They were married at the Grand Ballroom of The Plaza Hotel in New York City.
- She is an Associate with Pre-Paid Legal Services, Inc.
- The nondenominational, double-ring, 16 minute ceremony was performed by Calvin O. Butts III of Harlem’s Abyssinian Baptist Church. When the minister asked if anyone knew why the two shouldn’t be married, Murphy turned around and glared at the wedding guests, causing much laughter.
- In her wedding to Eddie Murphy, she walked down the aisle to the song, “Don’t Give Up on Love”, which Murphy had performed on his “Love’s Alright” album.
- Her mother is British and her father is African American.
- She, Eddie Murphy, and Bria left the ceremony to Whitney Houston’s “I’m Every Woman.”
- Has five children with Eddie Murphy: daughter, Bria L. Murphy (born on November 18, 1989 in Sacramento), son, Myles Murphy (Myles Mitchell Murphy) (born on November 7, 1992), daughter, Shayne Audra Murphy (born on October 10, 1994), daughter, Zola Ivy Murphy (born on December 24, 1999 in Los Angeles), and daughter, Bella Zahra Murphy (born on January 29, 2002).
- The flower girl at her wedding to Eddie Murphy was their daughter, Bria L. Murphy. Nicole’s stepsister, Wilma Worrell, was the matron of honor. Best man was Vernon Lynch, Eddie’s stepfather. Murphy’s brothers, Charlie Murphy (aka Charlie) and Vernon Lynch, Jr., and his cousin Ray Murphy Jr., were his groomsmen.