Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Nikki Reed. Check it out!
Actress and screenwriter Nicole Houston Reed was born in Los Angeles, California. She is the daughter of Cheryl Houston, a hairdresser and beautician, and Seth Reed, a set designer. She has two brothers. Her ancestry includes Ashkenazi Jewish, German, British Isles, and one eighth Italian. Reed’s parents divorced when she was two and she lived with her mother. She attended Alexander Hamilton High School, but dropped out and was home-schooled. As she entered her teenage years, Reed began a difficult period in her life, resulting in her moving out of home at 14 years old.
Interesting Facts about Nikki Reed
- She moved out on her own when she was 14.
- Filming The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 (2011) in Vancouver, Canada. [March 2011]
- Thirteen (2003), which was written by Reed and the director, is a partially autobiographical film about Reed’s rebellious life as a thirteen year old.
- Teamed up with Staples and Do Something for their 3rd Annual School Supply Drive in the summer of 2011.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 29, a daughter named Bodhi Soleil Reed Somerhalder on July 25, 2017. Child’s father is her husband, Ian Somerhalder.
- Her brother is a professional photographer.
- Attended Alexander Hamilton High School in Los Angeles, California.
- Daughter of Seth Reed
- Her parents divorced when she was just two years old
- (April 26, 2015) Married her boyfriend of a year Ian Somerhalder at Topanga Canyon in Malibu, California following a 2-month-long engagement.
- Close friends with Thirteen (2003) co-star Evan Rachel Wood and director Catherine Hardwicke.
- Close friends with Twilight co-stars Kellan Lutz, Taylor Lautner, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Kristen Stewart, Ashley Greene, and Jackson Rathbone.
Personal Quotes by Nikki Reed
My brother and I had a lot of freedom growing up, and thankfully, we both turned out OK.- Nikki Reed
I had a great time making the last movie, ‘Eclipse.’ We shot my back-story stuff from the 1930’s. But I was waiting for ‘Breaking Dawn’ because I love the relationship Rosalie has with Jacob and the rest of her family and Bella. She also provides comic relief.- Nikki Reed
I think we use a lot of words and labels when trying to describe people: ones with autism, ones without autism. In general, I think that labeling people is a major issue, and people don’t understand the power of language.- Nikki Reed
It’s nonstop Ben Harper in my apartment.- Nikki Reed
I grew up in a very relaxed environment in one sense, without many rules. My mother had a problem knowing where to draw the line, which caused a chaotic and hectic home life. A lot of people took advantage of my mom.- Nikki Reed