Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Nina Dobrev. Check it out!
Nina Dobrev is a Bulgarian born-Canadian actress. Her best known television roles are as Mia Jones in Degrassi: The Next Generation (2001), and Elena Gilbert and Katherine Pierce on The Vampire Diaries (2009). Her film work includes The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012), Let’s Be Cops (2014), The Final Girls (2015), xXx: Return of Xander Cage (2017), and Dog Days (2018).
Interesting Facts about Nina Dobrev
- Is a fan of the HBO television series True Blood (2008).
- Is a very skilled ballet and jazz dancer and gymnast.
- Attendee at the 2008 Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).
- Lists child rights advocate Craig Kielburger and Meryl Streep among the people she admires.
- Has played a teenage mother on Degrassi: The Next Generation (2001) and played both a teenage mother and daughter of teenagers on The Vampire Diaries (2009).
- She’s a huge fan of the “Harry Potter” series, by J.K. Rowling.
- Studied acting at Armstrong Acting Studios in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Her favorite television series are Orange Is the New Black (2013), Homeland (2011), Grey’s Anatomy (2005), Friday Night Lights (2006) and House of Cards (2013).
- Named after her maternal grandmother Nikolina Constantine.
- Attended Wexford Collegiate, an arts school in Toronto. In 2007 she began her post-secondary studies at Ryerson University in Toronto, where she was majoring in Sociology.
- Traveled to Kenya where she built a school with fellow Degrassi: The Next Generation (2001) co-stars through the non-profit organization, Free The Children. She also wore a top promoting the cause towards the end of her movie, The American Mall (2008).
- Enjoys competing in athletic competitions.
Personal Quotes by Nina Dobrev
If I feel confident wearing something, I think it translates in photographs. It changes my demeanor and posture.- Nina Dobrev
I think you have to draw from any character and bring it to yourself as much as possible.- Nina Dobrev
I don’t like any kind of negativity. I try to be good to everyone, whether it’s a love, a friend, an ex. I’ll always try to treat people the way I want to be treated.- Nina Dobrev
I’ve always dreamed of being a ‘Burberry Girl’, but know it’ll never happen, because I’m not British. Still, you can’t stop a girl from dreaming. And owning way too many Burberry coats!- Nina Dobrev
When I fly, I never check my bags. I bring a carry-on, an eye pillow, noise-canceling headphones, a big pillow and a blanket.- Nina Dobrev