Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Olga Kurylenko. Check it out!
Olga Kurylenko, a Ukrainian-born actress and model, went from sharing a cramped flat with her aunt, uncle, grandparents and cousin to starring as a Bond girl opposite Daniel Craig.
Interesting Facts about Olga Kurylenko
- She learned Turkish for her role in The Water Diviner (2014).
- Trained as a ballerina in the Soviet Union (Ukrainian SSR) from ages 8-2 and independent Ukraine from ages 12-13.
- Served on the jury at the 2007 Brussels International Film Festival.
- Plays the piano.
- Lives in France and has French citizenship.
- On 15 March 2020, Kurylenko announced she had tested positive for COVID-19.
- Admires old movies.
- Auditioned for the role of Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) but lost to Gal Gadot.
- Originally believed she had failed to impress director and producers of Quantum of Solace (2008) after her audition.
- Trained as a dancer and model in Moscow.
- Has appeared in two movies with “Oblivion” in the title: Oblivion (2013) and Land of Oblivion (2011).
- Quantum of Solace (2008) in which she starred, opened worldwide on her 29th birthday (November 14).
Personal Quotes by Olga Kurylenko
If a man can make me laugh and stimulate me intellectually, then I wouldn’t mind if he was 4 ft. 8 in. with a huge belly. The only thing that would put me off is bad breath – but even that can be fixed. A bad personality isn’t so easy to fix.- Olga Kurylenko
I grew up in the Ukraine and then I went to Paris in 1996. I went there because there was a modeling agency that invited me there to work so I thought, ‘Sure.’- Olga Kurylenko
A Bond girl must be a strong and independent woman, but at the same time charming and sensual. Those opposite qualities combined together make her interesting. She must be strong but at the same time feminine.- Olga Kurylenko
America’s fine, nice, nice hiking near L.A. But I am European. I love London and Paris. Friends and intellect, big thought, why not?- Olga Kurylenko
I like men who paint or write or do something creative.- Olga Kurylenko