Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Olivia Wilde. Check it out!
Actress and activist Olivia Wilde is a modern day renaissance woman, starring in many acclaimed film productions, while simultaneously giving back to the community.
Interesting Facts about Olivia Wilde
- Has a dog named Paco who, as of July 26, 2006, is the new mascot for Old Navy. Paco died on her 34th birthday on March 10, 2018. She has another dog, Elvis.
- Niece of Alexander Cockburn, Patrick Cockburn and Sarah Caudwell.
- Ranked #15 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2011 list, after being ranked #1 in 2009. Previously, she had been rated #97 in 2008 and #61 in 2005.
- Attended Georgetown Day School in Washington, D.C., through 8th grade.
- As a young girl, Wilde was frequently babysat by British writer and family friend Christopher Hitchens.
- Her first job in Hollywood was as an assistant to casting director Mali Finn. Olivia was cast by Finn in her first feature film The Girl Next Door (2004).
- Has dual originary citizenship between Ireland and the United States.
- A lifelong lover of classic cars, she owns a 1958 Chevy Biscayne and a 1959 Thunderbird convertible. Once owned a 1966 Lincoln Continental.
- Once won a pancake eating contest while in Australia.
- Is the 20th great-granddaughter of King Edward VII.
- Was rumored to play the lead Bond girl in Skyfall (2012).
- She was once considered for the role of Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), but she refused and turned down the role. So Zoe Saldana was cast instead.
Personal Quotes by Olivia Wilde
I love yoga and hiking – I think that’s the perfect combo.- Olivia Wilde
I actually think the subject of young divorce is pretty funny; I’d like to write a movie about it.- Olivia Wilde
I used to experiment all the time with my hair color.- Olivia Wilde
I remember walking into drugstores when I was younger and seeing all the hair color boxes on the shelves and just being so in awe. Having the control to dye your hair and change your look is such a part of self-expression.- Olivia Wilde
If I could play drums like Patrick Carney or Taylor Hawkins, I’d be a really happy person.- Olivia Wilde