Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Orlando Bloom. Check it out!
Orlando Jonathan Blanchard Copeland Bloom was born on January 13, 1977 in Canterbury, Kent, England. His mother, Sonia Constance Josephine Bloom (née Copeland), was born in Kolkata, India, to an English family then-resident there. The man he first knew as his father, Harry Bloom, was a legendary political activist who fought for civil rights in South Africa. But Harry died of a stroke when Orlando was only four years old. After that, Orlando and his older sister, Samantha Bloom, were raised by their mother and family friend, Colin Stone. When Orlando was 13, Sonia revealed to him that Colin is actually the biological father of Orlando and his sister; the two were conceived after an agreement by his parents, since Harry, who suffered a stroke in 1975, was unable to have children.
Interesting Facts about Orlando Bloom
- Website Ananova.com chose him as the sexiest actor in Britain (2004).
- He used to smoke, but quit in 2002, which started making him bite his nails instead.
- Has 2 children: son, Flynn Christopher Blanchard Copeland Bloom (b. January 6, 2011) with ex-wife, Miranda Kerr & daughter, Daisy Dove Bloom (b. August 27, 2020) with fiancée, Katy Perry.
- He made archery a very popular sport in the United Kingdom. Many youngsters saw him with a bow in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and decided to join archery schools.
- His cousin, the photographer/director Sebastian Copeland, is Brigitte Nielsen’s ex-husband.
- Was named Empire magazine’s #21 in the list of 100 Sexiest Stars.
- Chosen as one of Teen People magazine’s “25 Hottest Stars Under 25” (2002).
- Was nominated with the entire The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) cast for “Best Ensemble Acting” at the Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- (June 16, 2009) Was involved in a car collision in Los Angeles, which occurred a few miles from his 2007 car collision.
- (April 3, 2020) Expecting a baby girl with fiancé Katy Perry this summer.
- (February 21, 2008) Boyfriend of Miranda Kerr.
- Voted to be on the top 10 list of worst autograph signers by “Autograph Collector” magazine. [October 2003]
Personal Quotes by Orlando Bloom
The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage.- Orlando Bloom
I’m always amazed at anyone’s interest in what I have to say.- Orlando Bloom
There’s a difference between a failure and a fiasco… a fiasco is a disaster of mythic proportions.- Orlando Bloom
As an actor, you can’t think about the end result or the fame; you just have to focus on the day you’re in. You have no control over the finished product, what people will think of it, so all you have is the experience of making it, and you have to stay focused on that.- Orlando Bloom
Failure is simply the non-presence of success. But a fiasco is a disaster of mythic proportions.- Orlando Bloom