Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Patricia Heaton. Check it out!
While studying acting in New York with drama teacher William Esper, Heaton made her Broadway debut in the gospel musical “Don’t Get God Started”. She and her fellow students then formed Stage Three, an acting company that produced plays Off-Broadway. They took one production, “The Johnstown Vindicator”, to Los Angeles, where Heaton’s performance caught the eyes of casting directors. Consequently, Heaton portrayed the producer/daughter in the television series Room for Two (1992). Her additional television credits include a starring role in the series Someone Like Me (1994), a regular role in Women of the House (1995), and a recurring role on Thirtysomething (1987). She also starred in the highly rated television movie Miracle in the Woods (1997), with Della Reese. Her feature film credits include Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992), Beethoven (1992), The New Age (1994) and Space Jam (1996).
Interesting Facts about Patricia Heaton
- On the old television site of Everybody Loves Raymond (1996), Heaton listed Gary Oldman as her favorite actor.
- Auditioned for the role as Elaine Benes on the situation comedy Seinfeld (1989), which went to Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
- Has three sisters: Sharon Heaton, Alice Heaton and Frances Heaton.
- Ranked #24 on the TV Guide Network special, Funniest Women on TV (2011).
- Tony Shalhoub was the best man at Patty’s wedding to David Hunt. Tony knew David before Patty came into the picture.
- Received her Bachelor’s degree in Drama from Ohio State University from Columbus, Ohio (1980). Is a sister of the Delta Gamma sorority.
- Attended St. Raphael’s Catholic Primary School in Bay Village, Ohio.
- Friends with Tony Shalhoub, Lucinda Jenney and Andrew Breitbart.
- Spokeswoman for supermarkets owned by Alberstons, Inc., including Albertsons (West Coast, Rocky Mountain, Great Plains and Gulf Coast States), Acme Markets (Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania), and Jewel-Osco (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Wisconsin).
- She has English, German and Irish ancestry.
- Has worked with Dan Castellaneta, Michael McKean, David Duchovny, Ray Romano, Kelsey Grammer, and Neil Flynn. Of those 6 actors, Grammer is the only one with whom she did not play husband & wife and Flynn is the only one not to have ever acted on The Simpsons (1989).
- Honorary Chair of Feminists for Life – a nonsectarian, nonpartisan, grassroots organization established 30 years ago which opposes domestic violence, child abuse, infanticide, and abortion – the cause to which she was most passionately drawn.
Personal Quotes by Patricia Heaton
We did an episode where she goes out to get a job and she gets fired because she’s not good. They hire a babysitter to help out and she finds out she hates the fact that the kids have more fun with the sitter than her.- Patricia Heaton
I don’t remember my mother ever playing with me. And she was a perfectly good mother. But she had to do the laundry and clean the house and do the grocery shopping.- Patricia Heaton
And I started as a journalism major at Ohio State, ended up in theater and I love to read.- Patricia Heaton
Before we had the kids, my husband and I were traveling a lot and working and really enjoying our lives and each other. We both love the theater and books and travel and so we were really having a lot of fun.- Patricia Heaton
I just have always felt that I think we know that it’s an ensemble show, and it’s very hard to pick a show to submit when you’re nominated, because usually everyone has a very strong part in every episode.- Patricia Heaton