Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Patrick Dempsey. Check it out!
Patrick Dempsey has lived two charming but separate lives on film and television. From an exuberant, somewhat awkward charmer in college comedy films of the late 1980s and early 1990s, he has morphed spectacularly into a dreamy, wavy-haired television hunk of the new-age millennium and this seductive new image has since spilled off into romantic lead roles back on the large screen as a slightly offbeat, self-effacing Prince Charming type.
Interesting Facts about Patrick Dempsey
- Lived in Buckfield, Maine, and attended Buckfield High School.
- Attended St. Dominic’s Regional High School in his hometown of Lewiston, Maine.
- Auditioned for the role of “Dr. Gregory House” on House M.D. (2004).
- In his first marriage, with Rocky Parker, he had a stepson who is a year older than he is.
- His first wife, Rocky Parker, is the mother of his best friend, actor Corey Parker, and Noelle Parker.
- Driving a Panoz GTS race car in the Panoz GT Pro Racing Series. He was seen participating in race #2 of the 2004 racing season at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on June 27, 2004. [June 2004]
- Then-wife Jillian Dempsey, gave birth to twin boys, Darby Galen Dempsey and Sullivan Patrick Dempsey, on February 1, 2007.
- On his father’s side, Patrick has German, English, Scottish, and distant Swedish, ancestry. Patrick’s father was born with the surname “Schlossnagle”, and later took his own stepfather’s surname, “Dempsey”.
- (May 20, 2008) Visited Amsterdam during the European promotion tour for Made of Honour (2008).
- Visited Sao Paulo, Brazil for the launch of his second fragrance Patrick Dempsey 2, exclusive for Avon. [May 2010]
- Enjoys collecting antiques, remodeling homes, and skiing in his spare time.
- As a teenager, placed third in his age group at the National Jugglers Convention. Aspired to attend Clown College.
Personal Quotes by Patrick Dempsey
And, sure, if you have a political point of view, you have every right to share it. But you have to be careful not to get too self-important. You have to find the balance between being entertaining and being preachy.- Patrick Dempsey
I have a specialized racing bike, which is great because it has a solid build, is comfortable to ride, and is lightweight.- Patrick Dempsey
Sometimes in television, if there are storylines that are oft-told, people can be hypercritical of them.- Patrick Dempsey
In Los Angeles, as I gained and lost celebrity, then gained it again, I often found myself wondering why I, out of thousands like me, had become famous.- Patrick Dempsey
People sometimes mistake being serious with being taken seriously.- Patrick Dempsey