Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Patrick Wilson. Check it out!
Patrick Joseph Wilson was born in Norfolk, Virginia and raised in St. Petersburg, Florida, the son of Mary Kathryn (Burton), a voice teacher and professional singer, and John Franklin Wilson, a news anchor.
Interesting Facts about Patrick Wilson
- Stated that Tom Hanks was his inspiration for becoming an actor.
- Has appeared in three different films based on DC Comics properties: He played Dan Dreiberg/Nite Owl in Watchmen (2009) and the United States President in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), and as Orm/Ocean Master in Aquaman (2018).
- Plays on the Broadway Show League baseball team.
- Was a soloist with the Mostly Pops Orchestra and Canton Symphony Orchestra.
- Is a New York Yankees fan.
- He named his horse from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) Frodo.
- Before being cast in Watchmen (2009), he auditioned for roles in two other comic book-based movies, Fantastic Four (2005) and Daredevil (2003).
- Wilson is of English, Scottish, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, German and Welsh ancestry. His father, John, and his brother, Mark, are both TV anchormen at WTVT in Tampa, Florida. His mother, Mary Kathryn (nee Burton), is a professional singer and voice teacher. Brother-in-law of Veronika Dominczyk and Marika Dominczyk (and the latter’s husband, Scott Foley).
- Wilson has a tattoo of the letters KPW on his arm for the initials of his first son.
- He was awarded the 1996 Drama Logue Award for Performance for “Carousel” in the Royal National Theatre production at the Ahmanson Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
- Good friends with Vera Farmiga.
- Starring with John Lithgow, Dianne Wiest, and Katie Holmes in Broadway’s “All My Sons”. [September 2008]
Personal Quotes by Patrick Wilson
I was convinced in middle school that I invented tight-rolling your pants, because I would get hand-me-downs from my brothers, and of course they were bell-bottoms from the ’70s. So I would fold and fold over the bells. I like to think I started the trend. But I didn’t.- Patrick Wilson
I am an avid runner, mainly on weekends.- Patrick Wilson
I don’t like being lied to.- Patrick Wilson
I like it when my wife is in her jeans, with very little makeup. But, I also appreciate the range – the different ways she can look. The moment she walks out all dressed up and… whoa! That’s always good.- Patrick Wilson
When I look at a character, whether he’s good or bad, one scene or 10 scenes, I just have to find my way in.- Patrick Wilson