Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Paul Dano. Check it out!
An actor for all seasons and all kinds of roles (from dark, difficult characters to more loving ones) Paul Dano has an extensive body work that includes working with directors such as Paul Thomas Anderson, Steve McQueen, Dayton & Ferris, Ang Lee, Denis Villenueve and Paolo Sorrentino; acting with heavyweights such as Harrison Ford, Daniel Day-Lewis, Alan Arkin, Jake Gyllenhaal, Toni Collette, Michael Caine, Kevin Kline – just to mention a few names; and easily making a fine transition in between independent cinema, art-house films and mainstream Hollywood blockbusters.
Interesting Facts about Paul Dano
- Packed on 20 lbs of muscle to play real-life convicted murderer and escapee David Sweat in the TV series Escape at Dannemora (2018).
- As of 2014, has appeared in three films that were nominated for the Best Picture Oscar: Little Miss Sunshine (2006), There Will Be Blood (2007) and 12 Years a Slave (2013). The latter won in the category.
- Daughter Alma was born to Dano and his longtime partner Zoe Kazan in August 2018.
- In a long-term relationship with Zoe Kazan since 2007. They had a daughter together. They co-starred in Ruby Sparks (2012) (2012), which she wrote, and also co-wrote the screenplay for Wildlife (2018) (2018), which he directed.
- Graduated from high school on June 22, 2002.
- Daniel Day-Lewis was so impressed by his work in the film, The Ballad of Jack and Rose (2005), that he suggested him to Paul Thomas Anderson for the role of “Paul Sunday” in the film, There Will Be Blood (2007).
- Has a daughter, Alma Bay Dano (b. at the end of August 2018), with Zoe Kazan.
- He and Billy Kay were already friends at the time L.I.E. (2001) was filmed, having worked together on an earlier film (The Newcomers (2000)).
- Was ranked #5 on Entertainment Weekly’s ’30 Under 30′ the actors list. (2008).
- Lead guitar and vocals in the band Mook, based out of Wilton, Connecticut.
- Paul’s paternal grandparents, John Dano and Anna Herzo, were both from Slovak families that immigrated to Scranton, Pennsylvania. Paul’s mother is of half Austrian (including Bohemian/Czech) and half Swedish descent.
Personal Quotes by Paul Dano
I like characters that make me feel challenged and sort of inspired.- Paul Dano
Little Miss Sunshine’ was really important to me.- Paul Dano
In tragedy, it’s hard to find a good resolution; it’s not black and white: it’s a big fog of gray.- Paul Dano
Let’s say honorary favorite New Yorker is John Lennon, and favorite real New Yorker is Biggie, because he’s the best.- Paul Dano
There’s a lot of people that I would love to work with. There’s a lot of different kinds of parts I wanna play. As your career progresses, you hope that you get some more opportunity or some more choice.- Paul Dano