Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Paul Rudd. Check it out!
Paul Stephen Rudd was born in Passaic, New Jersey. His parents, Michael and Gloria, both from Jewish families, were born in the London area, U.K. He has one sister, who is three years younger than he is. Paul traveled with his family during his early years, because of his father’s airline job at TWA. His family eventually settled in Overland Park, Kansas, where his mother worked as a sales manager for TV station KSMO-TV. Paul attended Broadmoor Junior High and Shawnee Mission West High School, from which he graduated in 1987, and where he was Student Body President. He then enrolled at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, majoring in theater. He graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts-West in Los Angeles and participated in a three-month intensive workshop under the guidance of Michael Kahn at the British Drama Academy at Oxford University in Britain. Rudd helped to produce the Globe Theater’s production of Howard Brenton’s “Bloody Poetry,” which starred Rudd as Percy Bysshe Shelley.
Interesting Facts about Paul Rudd
- Attended the University of Kansas. Is a member of Sigma Nu Fraternity.
- Was billed under his full name, “Paul Stephen Rudd”, in his early roles, as there was already an actor in the Screen Actors Guild who took the name “Paul Rudd”.
- Not a relation with Emily Rudd.
- 1998: Began filming on a movie called “Chicken Blood and Other Tales”, but production was canceled before it wrapped.
- In Knocked Up (2007), his character makes a reference to seeing Spider-Man 3 (2007) at the movies. Nine years later, his character Ant-Man in Captain America: Civil War (2016) literally fights Spider-Man.
- (January 16, 2009) Attended the premiere of Role Models (2008) at the Pathe De Munt Cinema in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Friends with television writer Rob Thomas and Jon Hamm.
- He spray painted his name on Shawnee Mission West High School’s stage wall. Another ex-Shawnee Mission West student was Jason Sudeikis.
- Was a disc jockey at Bar Mitzvahs before his career became successful.
- His parents were both born in England. His father was from Edgware and his mother was raised in Surbiton, both in London. Both of his parents’ families were Jewish (they moved from Poland, Belarus, and Russia to England). Paul’s paternal grandfather, born Davis Rudnitsky, had anglicized his family’s surname from “Rudnitzky” to “Rudd”, while Paul’s maternal grandfather, born Louis Goldstein, anglicized his family’s surname to “Granville”. Paul was raised in Reform Judaism, and had a Bar Mitzvah ceremony.
- Improvised the “You know how I know you’re gay?” sequence in The 40 Year-Old Virgin (2005) with Seth Rogen.
- 2/23/03: Married his fiancee, Julie Rudd in upstate New York. They live in Manhattan. As of 2020, they have been together for 25 years.
Personal Quotes by Paul Rudd
Nothing is ever cut-and-dried. There’s anguish behind everything.- Paul Rudd
My parents raised me to treat people the way you would want to be treated and to be polite. Sometimes, when I get nervous or insecure, I might overcompensate and might not be totally true to what I am feeling inside. But I get nervous and maybe too smiley and polite.- Paul Rudd
I have trouble with long-term things. I tend to get obsessed with stuff and then move on. Roles, songs, video games. That’s why I was afraid of marriage. Because it was like a lifelong game of ‘Madden.’- Paul Rudd
It’s not often that you get to play somebody that has absolutely no cynicism or is not judgmental in any way.- Paul Rudd