Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Paul Wesley. Check it out!
Paul was raised in the Marlboro, New Jersey. His parents immigrated from Poland, where he spent a large portion of his childhood. Many of his relatives still reside there.
Interesting Facts about Paul Wesley
- Paul is the second child of four children.
- Coached by acting teacher Tony Greco, who also boasts students such as Philip Seymour Hoffman, Taraji P. Henson, David Harbour, Latarsha Rose, Hill Harper, and Maulik Pancholy.
- Paul’s passion was playing hockey until he was about 14 years old and was pushed into performing. Paul became interested in acting when enrolled in a summer arts program in third grade.
- Ex-brother-in-law of Maryelle DeVitto and Devon DeVitto.
- He enjoys playing ice hockey and snowboarding.
- Ex-son-in-law of Liberty DeVitto and Mary Devitto.
- Son of Tomasz Wasilewski and Agnieszka Wasilewska.
- Very close friends with Claire Holt.
- He speaks fluent Polish.
- Has performed in numerous off-broadway plays in New York City.
- He transferred from Marlboro High School to Lakewood Prep School in Howell, New Jersey because the school was able to accommodate his acting schedule. He graduated from there in 2000 and then started college at Rutgers University but left after one semester with his parents support when more roles were offered to him and he realized he could make a career out of acting.
- Best friends with Ben McKenzie.
Personal Quotes by Paul Wesley
With all due respect to ‘The Vampire Diaries,’ doing the same thing, over and over again, for essentially five years straight, it really becomes laborious and tedious, and it becomes a job. You obviously find gratification in acting, but you’re playing the same character. No matter how compelling it is, it starts feeling pretty monotonous.Paul Wesley
I would hope that, for me, regardless of what happens in my career in the future, I always want to maintain a level of humility. I think it’s so important to not lose yourself and to just understand that you’re a conduit.Paul Wesley
When I was 18 I was just absorbing everything around me: whatever happens, happens. I was so naive and willing to ride whatever wave life threw at me.Paul Wesley
It’s so funny: I sort of fell into genre roles, but I’m not really a genre guy.Paul Wesley
I played ice hockey obsessively for 14 years of my life.Paul Wesley