Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Paula Patton. Check it out!
Paula Patton was born in Los Angeles, California, to Joyce (Vanraden) and Charles Patton. Her father is African-American and her mother, who is caucasian, has German, English, and Dutch ancestry. Her family lived across the street from the 20th Century Fox lot when she was growing up and she was a fan of films from her earliest years. Her mother, who also appreciated good films, was a schoolteacher, and her father was a lawyer. Paula claims that as a girl she would escape by “pretending to be someone else” so it was not a surprise that she acted in high school plays at Hamilton Magnet Arts High School. Her favorite role was that of “Abigail” in “The Crucible”. However, she went on to study film at the University of Southern California in a summer program, and won a 3-month assignment making documentaries for PBS. This led to her working as a production assistant for TV documentaries, and also for Howie Mandel’s talk show. She progressed to actually producing documentary segments for Medical Diaries (2000) airing on Discovery Health Channel. Paula now professes that she liked what she was doing, but her dream remained the same as when she was small so she took acting lessons and shifted gears to become a performer. She was almost immediately successful and, within three years, had played parts in major features, Hitch (2005) and Idlewild (2006) and the female lead in Deja Vu (2006) opposite Denzel Washington.
Interesting Facts about Paula Patton
- Spokesperson for the “Ellen Tracy” fashion brand. 
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 34, a son Julian Fuego Thicke on April 6, 2010. Child’s father is her now ex-husband, Robin Thicke.
- Her father is African-American. Her mother is caucasian, and has German, English, and a small amount of Dutch, ancestry.
- Was 4 months pregnant with son Julian when she completed filming on Just Wright (2010).
- Featured on the cover of husband Robin Thicke’s first album, “A Beautiful World”.
- (October 3, 2014) Filed for divorce from her husband of 9 years Robin Thicke following an 8-month-long separation.
- Singer Robin Thicke wrote his 2006 song “Lost Without U” for her.
- Provided additional vocals for Usher’s multi-platinum album, “Confessions”, on the song, “Can U Handle It?”.
- Has played the love interest of Denzel Washington in two films – Deja Vu (2006) and 2 Guns (2013).
- Ex-sister-in-law of Brennan Thicke.
- Returned to work 3 months after giving birth to her son Julian in order to begin filming Jumping the Broom (2011).
- Ranked #48 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” of 2014 list.
Personal Quotes by Paula Patton
The older I get, the more I accept and appreciate myself.- Paula Patton
Becoming a mother is the best thing that’s happened to me.- Paula Patton
I’ve always loved movies and loved the idea of playing make-believe. That was my favorite game, growing up as a child, was make-believe, and to be able to do it as an adult is awesome.- Paula Patton
I love cola.- Paula Patton
I want a man, but I want a man that also wants to embrace his inner child.- Paula Patton