Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Pedro Pascal. Check it out!
Pedro Pascal is a Chilean-born actor. He is best known for portraying the roles of Oberyn Martell in the fourth season of the HBO series Game of Thrones and Javier Peña in the Netflix series Narcos.
Interesting Facts about Pedro Pascal
- Close friend of Sarah Paulson.
- Graduated from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts in 1997.
- Born in Santiago, Chile, to Veronica Pascal and José Pedro Balmaceda Riera, a medical professional. His family were opposed to dictator Augusto Pinochet, and thus moved to the U.S. during Pedro’s early years. He was raised in Orange County, California and San Antonio, Texas.
- Attended the Orange County School of the Arts (OCSA).
- Brother of Lucas, Javiera and Nico Balmaceda.
- Before relocating to New York City, he also lived and worked in Madrid.
Personal Quotes by Pedro Pascal
Steven Spielberg’s name was all over ‘Poltergeist,’ and ‘E.T.’ was out the same year, which every single parent took their child to. So despite ‘Poltergeist’ being a horror movie, I convinced my parents to let me see it. It was terrifying. I guess this says a lot about me as a six-year-old, because I loved it.- Pedro Pascal
I am such a ‘True Detective’ fan. I was anticipating it each Sunday as it came. I’m kind of a sci-fi fan. I was really hooked on the ‘Battlestar Galactica’ series. I think I owned every box set of ‘Battlestar Galactica.’ I also really love ‘Bob’s Burgers.’- Pedro Pascal
I just went to your typical public schools, and my dad would take us to the movies every week, or he’d buy scalped tickets to San Antonio Spurs games. I remember I was four or five years old and my parents, who were very young, took us to see The Police in Austin, and Iggy Pop opened.- Pedro Pascal
When I moved to New York in ’93, we’d go dancing a lot. That’s what kept us in shape, I think.- Pedro Pascal
I have the cliche ‘struggling actor’ story. I was waiting tables in New York, went out to L.A. soon after graduation to get some jobs, but it didn’t work out. I wanted to cut my teeth in professional theater, so I came back to New York. It made my journey a longer one, but I really wanted to excel in the theater.- Pedro Pascal