Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Peter Dinklage. Check it out!
Peter Dinklage is an American actor. Since his breakout role in The Station Agent (2003), he has appeared in numerous films and theatre plays. Since 2011, Dinklage has portrayed Tyrion Lannister in the HBO series Game of Thrones (2011) . For this he won an Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series and a Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Series, Miniseries or Television Film in 2011.
Interesting Facts about Peter Dinklage
- Delivered the 2012 Commencement Address at his alma mater, Bennington College (Vermont). He is a 1991 graduate of Bennington College with a degree in drama.
- Dinklage is considered such a genuinely pleasant and amiable person by his costars on “Game of Thrones”, that many of them find it quite difficult to act out scenes with him in which they’re mistreating his character Tyrion. He and Lena Headey are such good friends, in fact, they share an apartment whenever they’re filming scenes and drive together to the set each day, even though their characters have a mutual hatred of each other. Charles Dance has also expressed disdain for how his character treats Tyrion, stating that he finds it hard to be so mean to a nice man like Dinklage.
- Has both a dog and a dog walker named Kevin.
- In his acceptance speech for the Golden Globe, Dinklage called attention to the plight of Martin Henderson, a dwarf who was crippled after being attacked by a rugby player outside a bar.
- Studies theology.
- He has German, Irish, and English ancestry. His surname is German.
- For his role on Game of Thrones (2011), he was named one of “Eight Actors Who Turn Television into Art,” in cover story of The New York Times Magazine (9/11/11).
- Has achondroplasia, a form of dwarfism in which the body is perfectly formed but the bones initially modelled in cartilage, the long bones of the arms and legs, do not grow long enough. Velázquez painted a fine portrait of a man with this condition which hangs in the Prado in Madrid.
- Owns a dog named Kevin.
- He was nominated for the 2018 New Jersey Hall of Fame in the Performing Arts category.
- He was George R.R. Martin’s first and only choice to play ‘Tyrion Lannister’ in Game of Thrones (2011).
- Won the 2018 Emmy Award in the Supporting Actor in a Drama Series category for his role as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones (2011).
Personal Quotes by Peter Dinklage
Even ‘Lord of the Rings’ had dwarf-tossing jokes in it. It’s like, ‘Really?’- Peter Dinklage
Every person my size has a different life, a different history. Different ways of dealing with it. Just because I’m seemingly O.K. with it, I can’t preach how to be O.K. with it. I don’t think I still am O.K. with it. There’s days when I’m not.- Peter Dinklage
I never know where women are coming from.- Peter Dinklage
I would love to play Richard III.- Peter Dinklage
I am this guy who’s four and a half feet tall, but my life doesn’t constantly address it.- Peter Dinklage