Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Priscilla Presley. Check it out!
Priscilla Presley’s stepfather was an Air Force officer stationed in West Germany when as a teenager she met Elvis Presley in 1959, then four years into his meteoric career in rock and roll and serving with the U.S. Armed Forces. After an eight year courtship, she married him on 1 May 1967. As their marriage was winding down, she began studying karate and acting. After his death she went into business and began work in movies and TV, notably playing the part of Jenna Wade (1983-88) in the very successful series Dallas (1978). She more recently established herself as Jane Spencer in the “Naked Gun” (The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! (1988)) movies.
Interesting Facts about Priscilla Presley
- Began modeling while living in West Germany.
- Launched worldwide line of bed linens in 2006, partnered with Australian designer Bruno Schiavi. Also has a furniture line called the Priscilla Presley Home Collection.
- Has regular chemical peels to get rid of wrinkles and brown spots.
- Is portrayed by Antonia Bernath in Elvis (2005), Susan Walters in Elvis and Me (1988) and Season Hubley in Elvis (1979).
- Mother-in-law of Michael Lockwood. Ex-mother-in-law of Nicolas Cage and Danny Keough.
- Mother of Lisa Marie Presley (b. 1968) and Navarone Garibaldi (b. 1987).
- A limited series for the Weinstein Company focusing on her early life has been kiboshed by Apple in wake of the sex scandal involving Harvey Weinstein. Weinstein was supposed to be an executive producer alongside Presley, Jerry Schilling and TWC’s David Glasser. [October 2017]
- Twin granddaughters, Harper and Finley Lockwood, born. [October 2008]
- Met future husband Elvis Presley in Bad Nauheim, Germany in 1959 when she was fourteen years old. They started living together in 1962.
- Media reports that she quit Scientology were immediately denied by her publicist; reputable Scientology critic Tony Ortega, however, insists that Priscilla has indeed left the organization and the discrepancy is likely an attempt to avoid retaliation à la Leah Remini. [October 2017]
- Won an August 1998 defamation judgment against Currie Grant, a retired U.S. airman who claimed they had sex in 1959 before he introduced her to Elvis. In 2005, she considered suing photographer Terry O’Neill for his claim that they had an affair in the mid-’70s.
- Split with boyfriend of 22 years, Marco Garibaldi, in mid-March 2006. Presley reportedly confronted Garibaldi over his commitment to their romance and the argument led to Marco being asked to vacate her Beverly Hills compound. At the beginning of their relationship, Presley made Garibaldi sign a promissory agreement that if they should break up, he will not write a book about her.
Personal Quotes by Priscilla Presley
I did, but I’m not real fond of giving interviews.- Priscilla Presley
There were the phone calls and Elvis had asked me to visit him in Los Angeles. This was in 1962.- Priscilla Presley
I don’t want to be someone’s entertainment.- Priscilla Presley
There’s been a big void out there, in terms of where I’ve been and what I am currently working on, I’d like to fill that void now and share my exciting plans for the future.- Priscilla Presley
You know, you know, obviously, if my daughter’s happy, you know, then I don’t have any problem.- Priscilla Presley