Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Priyanka Chopra. Check it out!
Priyanka Chopra Jonas (née Chopra) was born on July 18, 1982 in Jamshedpur, India, to the family of Capt. Dr. Ashok Chopra and Dr. Madhu Chopra, both Indian Army physicians. She had a very varied upbringing. She started her education at La Martinière Girls College in Lucknow as a resident student; a short stay at Maria Goretti College in Bareilly prepared her for further studies in the U.S. Having completed tenth grade in Boston, Massachusetts, U.S., she decided to become a software engineer or a criminal psychologist. She enjoys Indian music and dance; flair for writing poetry and short stories; reading, especially biographies; and has worked for a lot of social welfare programs.
Interesting Facts about Priyanka Chopra
- Went for a concert in the Fiji Islands in 2006. Performing in the concert were Chopra, Dino Morea, Abhijeet Sawant, and Jimmy Moses.The first show was in Suva on September 13 and the second show was in Lautoka on September 14.
- Her handbag always contains a tube of hand cream, sunglasses, two brands of perfume, her wallet and a bottle of Tabasco hot sauce.
- Achievements: she is the only Indian in the USA to have been selected at the state level for the National Opus Honor Choir, extensive charity work back in India and the USA, and joined the CAF and CII in their literacy program and is their ambassador. Member of the support group for the Thalassemic children in U.P., India, participated in the adult education awareness program with the non-governmental organizations in the peripheral areas of Bareilly, joined the Indian Government-sponsored Polio Eradication Program as a volunteer. Raised funds for the destitute in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, by participating in a church program.
- Listed #1 by UK magazine Eastern Eye one of “Asia’s Sexiest Women” (Sept/2006).
- Sports a tattoo on her right wrist that reads “Daddy’s lil girl” in her late father’s handwriting.
- Signed Aziz Mirza film, opposite son Haroon A. Mirza. This was in 2001. The film was to be produced by Nimbus. The film got shelved.
- Decorated with the Padma Shri, the fourth most important decoration of India.
- Turned down the lead in Umrao Jaan (2006) to work in Bluffmaster (2005).
- Was proposed to by musician and actor Nick Jonas on her birthday July 18, 2018, with whom she had started a relationship in the same year. In August, they were engaged in a traditional Punjabi Roka ceremony. They wed on the first weekend of December in Hindu and Christian ceremonies.
- Cousin of actress Meera Chopra.
- Maintains a homeland residence in Mumbai (India) since she commutes so regularly between the USA and India to appear in various movie/TV projects in both countries.
- Turned down a part in London Dreams (2009) because she could not provide the shooting dates as she was busy with other films.
Personal Quotes by Priyanka Chopra
I’m trying to be global and trying to push us, as a society, to becoming colorblind, and so I’m very grateful to ABC for casting me in ‘Quantico.’ It was based on my merit, not on my ethnicity.Priyanka Chopra
Justin Timberlake – I’d like to learn a little more about his suit and tie.Priyanka Chopra
I live with romance in my brain. I’m a true-blue Cancerian like that.Priyanka Chopra
Education has always been very important to me. It means you don’t have to depend on anyone else.Priyanka Chopra
My favorite memory about ‘Baywatch’ is the music. That was my favorite part. It was, like, my calling. And to watch everyone run in slow motion.Priyanka Chopra