Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Rachael Leigh Cook. Check it out!
Minneapolis native Rachael Leigh Cook began her career as a model at the tender age of 10, gracing Milk-Bone(R) boxes and Target(R) ads nationwide in the USA. She also appeared in a now-famous (in the USA) anti-drug TV spot in which, armed with a frying pan, she bashed her way through a kitchen to show the disastrous effects of heroin. At 14, her modeling agency sent her to read for a short film (26 Summer Street (1996)) and changed the course of her young life–from that moment on, Cook was hooked on acting. When she reached L.A. later that year, Cook bypassed the wannabe stage and nailed her first audition (for the part of a budding entrepreneur in The Baby-Sitters Club (1995)). She returned to theaters three months later in the Jonathan Taylor Thomas vehicle Tom and Huck (1995), then filled her calendar with appearances in independent and made-for-TV movies. She divided her time between Minneapolis and Tinseltown, shuttling from school events to movie shoots with her mother in tow. Cook’s starlet status crystallized in 1999, when she starred opposite Freddie Prinze Jr. in the Pygmalion retelling She’s All That (1999). Her on-screen transformation from ugly duckling to ravishing beauty scored several teen-oriented awards and made Cook a hot commodity in Hollywood. She signed for a handful of plum follow-up roles, including a troubled adolescent in Sylvester Stallone’s Get Carter (2000), a frontier gal in Texas Rangers (2001), and the caterwauling lead in the live-action version of Josie and the Pussycats (2001). Cook now lives primarily in Los Angeles, but she returns home frequently to visit with friends and family. Her father, Tom (a former stand-up comic), is a social worker in the public school system, and her younger brother, Ben, is an aspiring filmmaker.
Interesting Facts about Rachael Leigh Cook
- Was a student of the Laurel Springs School, a school for young actors who can’t attend a more regular school due to time commitments.
- There is a Minneapolis rock and blues band called “Budding Hollywood Starlet” that is named in honor of her and other budding Hollywood starlets.
- Filming Nancy Drew (2007) starring alongside Emma Roberts. [January 2006]
- After reading R. Lee Fleming Jr.’s script for She’s All That (1999), Rachael began to like the storyline more and more, and soon after was asked to play the role of Laney Boggs.
- Noisy underground British artist ‘Firexit’ has created two songs especially for Rachael Leigh Cook. The two songs are called ‘This is for Rachael Leigh Cook’ and a rare acoustic track called ‘Dear Rachael’. In a interview, Gareth Gerrard (aka Firexit) was asked about the songs, he replied “Rachael is everything, I love her very much”.
- Ranked #26 in Stuff magazine’s “102 Sexiest Women in the World” (2002).
- Has two cats at home in Minnesota named Beau and Skippy.
- She’s All That (1999) was the second time she had worked in a film with Freddie Prinze Jr., although in their first project together, The House of Yes (1997), they shared no scenes together.
- Mother, with her estranged husband Daniel Gillies of two children a daughter Charlotte Easton Gillies (b. September 28, 2013) and a son Theodore Vigo Sullivan Gillies (b. April 4, 2015).
- Her dream role is Kate Nolan from “A Tree Grows in Brooklyn”.
- Did a school senior paper entitled “Politics, Shmolotics, and 10 other reasons I’ll never be President”.
- Was in a memorable anti-drug commercial where she smashes an egg with a frying pan (“this is your brain on heroin”) and proceeds to trash the room with the frying pan (“this is your family, friends, career, etc.”). Arguably one of the few effective anti-drug spots ever made.
Personal Quotes by Rachael Leigh Cook
But my mother and father were married when my mom was 20 and my dad was 24.- Rachael Leigh Cook
I have two cats at home in Minnesota with my family. Beau and Skippy.- Rachael Leigh Cook
Yeah, I definitely want to find that right person and fall in love and have kids someday.- Rachael Leigh Cook
When something is troubling me, people know about it.- Rachael Leigh Cook
I’m not small, I’m space-efficient.- Rachael Leigh Cook