Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Rachael Taylor. Check it out!
Rachael Taylor grew up in Tasmania, Australia, with her parents Nigel and Christine Taylor. She began modelling during her teens, working for the Skye-Jilly International agency. She competed for Miss Teen Tasmania, as well as the Miss Universe/Miss World state finals. She moved to Sydney to further her modeling career as well as to pursue acting. She also began studying for a degree in History and Politics at the University of Sydney.
Interesting Facts about Rachael Taylor
- Was crowned Miss Teen Tasmania 1998 in her home state of Tasmania, Australia.
- She was born on the same day, month and year as Serinda Swan.
- Ranked #65 on Ask men’s top 99 “most desirable” women of 2011.
- Keeps her native accent in Transformers (2007) to emphasize the global scope of the movie.
- Attended and graduated from Riverside High School in Riverside, Australia.
- Born in Launceston, Tasmania, Australia, but at age 16, she moved to Sydney, Australia.
- Parents are Nigel and Christine Taylor.
- Her role as Sasha Forbes on Headland (2005) is the first time she has played a character with her native Australian accent.
- AKA Jessica Jones (2015) was not Rachael Taylor’s first Marvel Studios job. Man-Thing (2005) was one of Marvel’s earlier (and lesser known) installments of the MCU and is based on the comic book of the same name.
- Briefly attended the University of Sydney before deferring her studies to appear on the soap opera Headland (2005).
- Turned down the role of Danni Martin in the comedy film Surfer, Dude (2008), which went to Alexie Gilmore.
- Ranked #79 in the 2011 FHM Australia list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
Personal Quotes by Rachael Taylor
I really like working in television and I like exploring a character over a longer period of time, and I like the consistency of television.- Rachael Taylor
I eat excellent bread, clean meat, good crisp veggies, organic fruits and nice wine and cheese. It is one of the things I am truly grateful for. I’m not kidding. You can’t ask a single mother of three working two jobs for minimum wage to eat that way. I am lucky.- Rachael Taylor
I definitely wouldn’t shy away from doing another action based project, but I feel like my forte is more like playing real, ordinary people. I’m a girl’s girl.- Rachael Taylor
I tend not to wear accessories. I’m not one of those gals with a drawerful of amazing jewelry. I don’t even have my ears pierced! But I have one bracelet that never comes off my wrist.- Rachael Taylor
I’ve done stuff to pay my dues and that’s what actors are supposed to do, because I was a really bad actor when I was 18 or 20.- Rachael Taylor