Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Rachel Brosnahan. Check it out!
Rachel Brosnahan was born in in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1990 and is an American actress. She is best known for her role as ‘Midge’ Maisel in the Amazon Prime Video series The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (2017) for which she has won two Golden Globes for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy (2019, 2018), one Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series (2018), and one Critics’ Choice Award for Best Actress in a Comedy Series (2018).
Interesting Facts about Rachel Brosnahan
- Her father is American (of Irish and some French descent). Her mother is English.
- Lost both her paternal aunt and grandfather within 15 days in June 2018. Her aunt, Kate Spade, passed at the age of 55 on June 5th followed by her grandfather, Earl Francis Brosnahan, on June 20th at the age 89 – just one day before his daughter’s funeral.
- Niece of handbag designer Kate Spade (born Katherine Noel Brosnahan), who was married to Andy Spade, brother of comedian David Spade.
- She was raised in Highland Park, Illinois, and attended Highland Park High School.
- Graduated from Highland Park High School in Highland Park, IL.
- Won the 2019 Golden Globe Award in the Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy category for his role as Miriam ‘Midge’ Maisel in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (2017).
- Attended NYU Tisch School of the Arts in the Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute.
- Good friends with writer-comedienne Jasmine Pierce who provided Rachel with ample inspiration and advice for her stand-up comedic antics in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (2017).
- (January 28, 2019) Revealed that she and Jason Ralph “have been married for years”. Brosnahan and Ralph have been together since at least 2015 when they both worked on Manhattan (2014). In 2018, a source told PEOPLE the two were, in fact, married.
- Born on July 12, 1990 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Personal Quotes by Rachel Brosnahan
Wrestling is like improv. You have to feel and sense what the other person is going to do next and respond faster than they do.- Rachel Brosnahan
Eventually somebody will want me, and there will be a role that is mine.- Rachel Brosnahan
If you play a doctor on TV, you probably shouldn’t try performing surgery.- Rachel Brosnahan
I think home has become my friends and family, wherever they are.- Rachel Brosnahan
I can’t claim to ever have done stand-up.- Rachel Brosnahan