Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Rachel McAdams. Check it out!
Rachel Anne McAdams was born on November 17, 1978 in London, Ontario, Canada, to Sandra Kay (Gale), a nurse, and Lance Frederick McAdams, a truck driver and furniture mover. She is of English, Welsh, Irish, and Scottish descent. Rachel became involved with acting as a teenager and by the age of 13 was performing in Shakespearean productions in summer theater camp; she went on to graduate with honors with a BFA degree in Theater from York University. After her debut in an episode of Disney’s The Famous Jett Jackson (1998), she co-starred in the Canadian TV series Slings and Arrows (2003), a comedy-drama about the trials and travails of a Shakespearean theater group, and won a Gemini award for her performance in 2003.
Interesting Facts about Rachel McAdams
- Avoided flying airplanes until age 22.
- In her lead roles for three book-to-film love stories, she has played an artist and painter–The Notebook (2004), The Time Traveler’s Wife (2009) and The Vow (2012).
- Co-founder of www.greenissexy.org, a website which helps raise awareness about the environment.
- She donated many signed head-shots to Rocky Stone to be auctioned off to raise money to buy more toys for less fortunate kids as part of the Toy Mountain Campaign.
- Played the love interest of time travelers in three movies, About Time (2013), Midnight in Paris (2011) and The Time Traveler’s Wife (2009).
- Studied theater at York University in Toronto, where she appeared in numerous stage and student film productions. During her senior year she played a child in “The Piper”, a workshop led by a creative team from Toronto’s Necessary Angel Theatre Company.
- Her father, Lance, was a truck driver and her mother, Sandy, was a nurse. She has a younger sister, Kayleen McAdams, and a younger brother, Daniel.
- Named Philip Seymour Hoffman as her favorite actor in a 2009 interview.
- Ranked #48 in the 2010 FHM list of “100 Sexiest Women.” Previously she was ranked #50 in 2008 and #89 in 2006.
- Ranked #17 on Maxim’s Hot 100 Women of 2006 list.
- Had to turn down the female lead in The Last Kiss (2006) due to scheduling conflicts. The role was eventually given to Jacinda Barrett.
- Ranked #48 in the 2010 FHM UK list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
Personal Quotes by Rachel McAdams
It’s often out of my own insecurity. If I’m picky, it’s for that reason. I want to be able to bring my best to the table. So if I’m not connecting to something, then I’m not gonna hold up my end of the bargain, and that’s really embarrassing.- Rachel McAdams
I’m very silly as a person, but quality silliness on-screen has more of an art to it. Harrison Ford, whom I was in ‘Morning Glory’ with, has mastered that dry funny better than anyone.- Rachel McAdams
I feel like I’m going backwards, actually, as I get older. I’m regressing. I feel more and more like a kid, which is kind of a fun feeling.- Rachel McAdams
I want to work with great directors and try not to put too much pressure on myself and just read things for the story and recognize when I’m drawn to something for the right reasons and try to maintain some sanity.- Rachel McAdams
My parents opened a bank account for me when I was really little, and I think I paid for some of my university education with my savings. I’ve always been a bit of a saver.- Rachel McAdams