Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ray Liotta. Check it out!
Intense is the word for Ray Liotta. He specializes in psychopathic characters who hide behind a cultivated charm. Even in his nice-guy roles in Field of Dreams (1989) and Operation Dumbo Drop (1995), you get the impression that something is smoldering inside of him. Liotta maintains a steady stream of work, completing multiple projects per year.
Interesting Facts about Ray Liotta
- Was Tim Burton’s first choice to play Harvey Dent in Batman (1989), but turned it down to do Goodfellas (1990) instead.
- Is an avid supporter of English Premiership football team Tottenham Hotspur and has been in the crowd for a few matches at White Hart Lane, sometimes giving pre-match interviews on the touchline.
- Has a nephew, also named Ray Liotta, who plays on a farm team for the Kansas City Royals.
- He was offered the role of Detective Rick Calucci in CSI: NY (2004).
- He was originally cast as DEA Agent Willie “Woody” Dumas in Dance with the Devil (1997) when Bigas Luna was attached to direct it. The role went to James Gandolfini.
- He was a candidate to play Count Dracula in Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992).
- Ray’s adoptive father was the son of Italian immigrants, and Ray’s adoptive mother was the daughter of Scottish parents. In a 2001 interview with Smoke Magazine, Liotta said that his biological parents’ ancestry is “mostly Scottish with a bit of Italian.” In 2006, he tracked down his biological mother and learned that his biological father was not Italian at all.
- He turned down Forest Whitaker’s role in Phone Booth (2002).
- On February 19, 2007, Liotta was arrested under suspicion of driving under the influence after crashing his Cadillac Escalade into two parked vehicles in Pacific Palisades. He pleaded no contest.
- He was considered for Michael Douglas’s role in Basic Instinct (1992).
- British rock band Linoleum recorded a song called “Ray Liotta” (on their 1997 album ‘Dissent’).
- He was originally cast in Giallo (2009), but dropped out. Adrien Brody replaced him.
Personal Quotes by Ray Liotta
The first script I got was Narc and I really responded to it; it reminded me of a ’70s type movie, I really liked the characters, I didn’t anticipate the ending.- Ray Liotta
I talk to my friends and, you know, they all seem to get relationships that aren’t right. You kind of want someone who is not at your beck and call but loves the idea of being in a relationship and what that entails.- Ray Liotta
Not like Chinese food, where you eat it and then you feel hungry an hour later.- Ray Liotta
So, you need to balance it out with bigger and smaller movies.- Ray Liotta
Today some actors get a little full of themselves about what they’re doing.- Ray Liotta