Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Rebel Wilson. Check it out!
Rebel Wilson was born in Sydney, Australia, to a family of dog handlers and showers. She trained at the Australian Theatre for Young People and at Second City in the US. After a successful stage and television career in Australia, this writer/actress/producer now focuses on feature film projects in the United States and is perhaps most known for her breakthrough roles in the films Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect. In 2019, Rebel will be seen in four feature films: Isn’t It Romantic and The Hustle (both of which she also produced), Jojo Rabbit directed by Taika Waititi and Tom Hooper’s Cats and ABC television series Les Norton.
Interesting Facts about Rebel Wilson
- Sister of Ryot Wilson, Liberty Wilson, and Annachi Wilson.
- A former Youth Ambassador for Australia. She was based in Southern Africa.
- Won a defamation lawsuit against Bauer Media, a magazine publisher.[June 2017].
- As of 2012, Rebel shares a West Hollywood home with her Bridesmaids (2011) co-star Matt Lucas.
- Wilson attended the University of New South Wales (UNSW), and graduated in 2009 with Bachelor of Arts (Theatre and Performance Studies) and Bachelor of Laws degrees.
- Has said that she is a distant relative of Walt Disney, through Walt’s wife, Lillian Disney (née Lillian Marie Bounds; Rebel’s birth surname).
- Is allergic to dogs. Grew up with a house swarming with beagles, though she did not learn she was allergic until well after she moved out.
- While filming Isn’t It Romantic (2019), had a concussion (as did her character in the film).
- Rebel Wilson was once offered a scholarship from the Australian army in the intelligence sector, but they would have required her to sign a 7 year contract so she declined.
- Enjoys rap music and used to compete with her sister Liberty in music competitions when they were younger.
- Has a law degree from the prestigious University of New South Wales, graduating in 2009.
- Has played a love interest to Adam Devine 4 times: Workaholics (2011), Pitch Perfect (2012), Pitch Perfect 2 (2015) and Isn’t It Romantic (2019).
Personal Quotes by Rebel Wilson
I’ll often use my real stuff in my writing because it comes across as more authentic.Rebel Wilson
I wrote my own play, ‘The Westie Monologues,’ about where I’m from in Australia, and it was very successful. From that, I started getting offers from television.Rebel Wilson
When I was younger I did karate and martial arts, and I think it’s really cool for girls to have those kinds of abilities.Rebel Wilson
Most people who know me know I’m not switched on all the time. I don’t like to be like that in real life, because it’s draining.Rebel Wilson
In comedy, it’s not the glamorous, beautiful people that are great at comedy. They’re either every man or every woman, they’re either quite tall and lanky or shorter and fatter or have a big nose. They have something physically about them that makes them into a comic stereotype.Rebel Wilson