Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Reese Witherspoon. Check it out!
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon was born on March 22, 1976 at Southern Baptist Hospital (now Memorial Medical Center) in New Orleans, Louisiana. She is the second child of Mary Elizabeth “Betty” (Reese) and Dr. John Draper Witherspoon, Sr. Her father was a military surgeon specializing in ear, nose and throat. Her mother was a Registered Nurse who later became a Ph.D in pediatric nursing. Reese spent the first four years of her life in Wiesbaden, Germany, where her father served as a lieutenant colonel in the US Army reserves. Shortly after, John moved the family back to the States, settling in Nashville, Tennessee.
Interesting Facts about Reese Witherspoon
- Returned to work 4 months after giving birth to her daughter Ava in order to begin filming her guest appearance on Friends (1994).
- Dyed her hair brown for her role as June Carter Cash in Walk the Line (2005).
- Is the second actress to win the best actress Oscar for portraying a female singer in a biography; the first was Sissy Spacek for Coal Miner’s Daughter (1980).
- (December 28, 2010) Announced her engagement to boyfriend Jim Toth, having been in a relationship with him since February 2010.
- Considers Wild (2014) to be her best film and her best performance.
- The year she won her Oscar for Walk the Line (2005), her ex-husband Ryan Phillippe appeared in the movie that won Best Picture, Crash (2004).
- Friends with Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Aniston, Matthew McConaughey, Selma Blair, and Kate Hudson.
- She donated many items to Rocky Stone to be given to less fortunate kids as part of the Toy Mountain Campaign.
- She lived in Wiesbaden, Germany, as a young child.
- Her mother, Betty, has a Ph.D. in pediatric nursing and her father, John, is a surgeon.
- Majored in English Literature at Stanford University; on leave from her studies as of 1996.
- Revealed in the 84th Academy Awards montage that her favorite movie is Overboard (1987).
Personal Quotes by Reese Witherspoon
I think it’s really interesting to play a woman who can articulate that she isn’t ready to have a family and isn’t even sure if she wants a family. I have a lot of friends like that. But obviously, that’s not me.- Reese Witherspoon
Many people worry so much about managing their careers, but rarely spend half that much energy managing their LIVES. I want to make my life, not just my job, the best it can be. The rest will work itself out.- Reese Witherspoon
Confidence is everything in this business.- Reese Witherspoon
That said, my kids are at home right now with my husband and I’m missing something important at my daughter’s school which makes me feel sick inside. It’s a lot of balance and a lot of really hard decision making.- Reese Witherspoon
Being a Southern person and a blonde, it’s not a good combination. Immediately, when people meet you, they think of you as not being smart.- Reese Witherspoon