Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Regina Hall. Check it out!
Regina Hall was born December 12, 1970 in Washington, D.C., to Ruby, a teacher, and Odie Hall, a contractor. She graduated from Fordham University in 1992, and went on to earn a master’s degree in journalism from New York University before shifting to an acting career. In 1997 at age 26, she began appearing in commercials, and then made the giant leap into movies. Her fame came with her role in the comedy-horror spoof Scary Movie, Regina Hall has frequented the big screen in roles that far from betrayed her age. Her recurring role in Scary Movie and the sequel Scary Movie 2 exhibited the 30-year-old’s ability to maintain her youthful appearance, as she portrayed the high-school-aged Brenda Meeks. However, her first film role was in the 1999 film The Best Man. The following year, she made many other film appearances, including her starring role in Scary Movie in 2000. She first had a role in the movie Love and Basketball which also starred close friend Sanaa Lathan. In 2001, Hall’s list of credits grew to include her first television role, as Corretta Lipp on the prime-time drama Ally McBeal, which was a recurring role for several episodes. Furthermore, in 2001 Scary Movie 2 was released, in addition to the Mandel Holland comedy The Other Brother, featuring Hall as Vicki. One year later, she starred in the action-drama Paid in Full, directed by Charles Stone III. She would later on start in other films such as;Malibu’s Most Wanted, Scary Movie 3, The Honeymooners, and First Sunday.
Interesting Facts about Regina Hall
- Appeared in three films with Sanaa Lathan: The Best Man (1999), Love & Basketball (2000), and Disappearing Acts (2000).
- She is African-American.
- She played Coretta Lipp in the drama “Ally McBeal” and in Scary Movie 2, her character made fun of Ally star Calista Flockhart.
- Friends with Dana Delany.
- Earned a master’s degree in journalism from NYU in 1997.
- Is currently living with Sanaa Lathan, due to repairs being made to her home .
- Graduated from Fordham University in 1992.
- Is from the same metro area as Martin Lawrence, Alan Heitz, Dave Chappelle, Mya, Sandra Bullock and Dwayne Winstead.
- Before pursuing an acting career, Regina once worked as a waitress at a “Twin Peaks” restaurant, a job she loved. She also worked for a time as a dental assistant, a job she hated.
Personal Quotes by Regina Hall
I used to live in the Bronx, then I lived uptown on 106th St. and Broadway, and finally I moved to Harlem right before it became gentrified. I lived on 120th St. between Fifth and Lenox Aves. in a little brownstone. I knew the neighborhood was changing when they started putting trees in the middle of the block.- Regina Hall
Scary Movie’ is very broad, and the reality is extreme.- Regina Hall
I’ve always loved shows like ’48 Hours’ and ‘Dateline,’ and I’ve always been passionate about getting to the truth, and journalism.- Regina Hall
I miss New York terribly. There is no place like the city. I miss people-watching. I miss the nightlife. I miss the food. There are so many options in New York City.- Regina Hall