Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Richard Madden. Check it out!
Richard Madden, born 18 June 1986, is a Scottish stage, film, and television actor best known for portraying Robb Stark in the HBO series “Game of Thrones” and Prince Kit in Disney’s “Cinderella.” Starring as David Budd in the BBC miniseries “Bodyguard” has also brought him more international acclaim and attention including a Golden Globe and other nominations. Despite his seemingly overnight success, Madden has been acting since he was in his teens, with only a brief break where he focused on school.
Interesting Facts about Richard Madden
- Has two sisters – Cara (b. 1983) and Lauren (b. 1988).
- Favorite animated Disney movie is Aladdin (2019).
- Admits that he was quite overweight for much of his adolescence and during his time in Drama School. This changed when he got a part in a play which required him to be naked, at which point he realized that he didn’t want to be fat and naked on stage.
- On July 4, 2019, Richard received an Honorary Doctorate from the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. He is now a Doctor of Drama.
- Richard was born in Elderslie in the West of Scotland, which is the same birthplace attributed to the legendary Scottish patriot William Wallace.
- Broke up with Jenna Coleman in 2015. Was with partner, Ellie Bamber from 2017-2019.
- Good friends with Game of Thrones (2011) co-stars Kit Harington, Alfie Allen, and Michelle Fairley.
- Son of Richard (b. 1953) and Patricia (née Mulholland) Madden (b. 1954).
- Joined a theatre group to help conquer his shyness.
- Is good friends with his Cinderella co-star Lily James.
- Father was in the fire service and mother was a classroom assistant.
Personal Quotes by Richard Madden
I think it’s good for an actor to bounce between stuff on camera and stuff in theatre. If I could do half and half every year I would be a very, very happy man.Richard Madden
I’d love to do something on Broadway. I’d love to spend some time in New York.Richard Madden
I played Romeo when I was younger, and I think I did a couple kind Romeo-like parts after that, and I kind of went, ‘I mustn’t do this again. I must always choose something that I don’t know if I’m a good enough actor to play.’Richard Madden
Google is the enemy. I would tell that to anyone who enjoys any TV show like ‘Game of Thrones’ to avoid it; it spoils so many storylines.Richard Madden
I hate all the red carpet stuff. It’s weird, because it’s part of what’s expected of you now.Richard Madden