Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Rihanna. Check it out!
Robyn Rihanna Fenty was born in a parish in Barbados called St. Michael, to Monica (Braithwaite), an accountant, and Ronald Fenty, a warehouse supervisor. Her mother is Afro-Guyanese and her father is of Afro-Barbadian and British Isles ancestry (known as “Redlegs” in the Caribbean). Rihanna lived the life of a normal island girl going to Combermere, a top sixth form school. Rihanna won numerous beauty pageants and performed Mariah Carey’s single “Hero” in a school talent show. Her life changed forever when one of her friends introduced her to Evan Rodgers, a producer from New York who was in Barbados for a vacation with his wife, who is a native. Rodgers arranged for her to go to New York to meet Jay-Z, CEO of Def Jam Records. He heard her sing and knew she was going to be incredibly successful. She was age 16 when she was signed to Def Jam. Since then, she’s amassed phenomenal success.
Interesting Facts about Rihanna
- Was an army cadet in a sub-military programme in high school; the singer-songwriter Shontelle was her drill sergeant.
- Celebrities who have copied, matched, or gotten tattoos similar to Rihanna include Lena Dunham, Chris Brown, Justin Bieber, Drake, Lily Allen and Lindsay Lohan. In real life, many fans have gotten replicas of her sternum tattoo.
- In the 2011 Billboard online poll, Rihanna’s song “We Found Love” was voted as the third Best Music Video for 2011 (receiving 11% of all votes), behind “Till the World Ends” by Britney Spears (45% of all votes), and “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga (23% of all votes). Rihanna also won for Best Awards Show Performance with Britney Spears at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards.
- Has attained nine number one Hot 100 singles. Three of them were achieved in 2010. She become the only female in American history to have her first single to go number one after the second. [February 2011]
- She held her second Diamond Ball at Santa Monica Airport’s Barker Hanger. The Ball was hosted by Kevin Hart and included performances from singer Lionel Richie. The ball went onto raise $3 million in order to help those in need through health, education, arts and culture. [December 2015]
- She has two younger brothers, Rorrey and Rajad Fenty, two half-sisters and a half-brother from her father’s side, each born to different mothers from previous relationships.
- Became the youngest black female to grace the cover of American-Vogue magazine. [March 2011]
- Billboard magazine named Rihanna the Digital Songs Artist of the 2000s decade.
- Her musical inspirations include Alicia Keys, Beyoncé and Destiny’s Child, Madonna, Mariah Carey, Janet Jackson, Whitney Houston, Gwen Stefani, Bob Marley and Brandy Norwood.
- She and then-boyfriend Chris Brown canceled their performance at the Grammy Awards just hours before the show started after Brown was caught up in a late-night domestic dispute, which later turned out to be a physical attack on Rihanna. [February 2009]
- Organised a bachelorette party for her close friend Katy Perry. 
- Is a self-confessed huge fan of the Star Trek franchise. In 2016, she released a single, “Sledgehammer”, which was used to promote Star Trek Beyond (2016), the third film in the Star Trek reboot series.
Personal Quotes by Rihanna
God just has a way of working things out the way he wants to and you have no say in that.- Rihanna
I always keep my guard up with guys and I guess that can get in the way sometimes. I can make them go through hell.- Rihanna
I always believed that when you follow your heart or your gut, when you really follow the things that feel great to you, you can never lose, because settling is the worst feeling in the world.- Rihanna
I’m really looking forward to seeing what life brings to me.- Rihanna
If you don’t live your life, then who will?- Rihanna