Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ron Howard. Check it out!
Academy Award-winning filmmaker Ron Howard is one of this generation’s most popular directors. From the critically acclaimed dramas A Beautiful Mind (2001) and Apollo 13 (1995) to the hit comedies Parenthood (1989) and Splash (1984), he has created some of Hollywood’s most memorable films.
Interesting Facts about Ron Howard
- Stepson of “Los Angeles Times” columnist and playwright Judy Howard.
- As of 2018, has appeared in three films nominated for Best Picture Academy Award: The Music Man (1962), American Graffiti (1973) and A Beautiful Mind (2001). The last one won the category.
- Profiled in “American Classic Screen Interviews” (Scarecrow Press) (2010).
- In 2007 “Forbes” magazine estimated his 2006 earnings to be approximately $35 million.
- In January 2006 he was residing in the Sea Pines Resort on Hilton Head Island, SC.
- Has directed two films on the American Film Institute’s 100 Most Inspiring Movies of All Time. They are A Beautiful Mind (2001) at #93 and Apollo 13 (1995) at #12.
- He was awarded the National Medal of Arts from the National Endowment of the Arts in 2003.
- He was awarded two Stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Motion Pictures at 6931 Hollywood BLvd., and for Television at 6838 Hollywood Blvd.
- Son of Rance Howard and Jean Speegle Howard.
- He has appeared in two films that have been selected for the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being “culturally, historically or aesthetically” significant: The Music Man (1962) and American Graffiti (1973). Interestingly enough, however, none of his films as a director have been inducted into the registry.
- With the death of his longtime friend and mentor Andy Griffith on July 3, 2012, he’s the only original and youngest surviving cast member of The Andy Griffith Show (1960).
- As of November 2017, after the death of Jim Nabors on November 30, 2017. Ron Howard is the youngest regular cast member, and one of only two regular or recurring (over 20 episodes portraying the same character) surviving cast members of The Andy Griffith Show (1960), along with surviving cast members Betty Lynn (Thelma Lou).
Personal Quotes by Ron Howard
The story of John Nash is an amazing, powerful journey. But as unique as this man is, his story is also very accessible because it is so heartbreakingly human.- Ron Howard
The sooner we become a multi-planet species, the safer the species is, and the stronger the guarantee that we’re going to continue to evolve.- Ron Howard
When you read about it, you realize that mental illness is so prevalent. People didn’t always have the right terms for it, but most families have had a brush with it.- Ron Howard
I love leaving the door open to good ideas. I love the collaborative swirl. I get charged by problem-solving, usually under some kind of stress – the sun is going down, and we have eight minutes, and we have to solve it. Great things come out of it.- Ron Howard
Richard Dreyfuss, when we were doing ‘American Graffiti,’ was pumping me to vote for McGovern. But I think I wound up going for Nixon. I thought he could get us out of the Vietnam War quickly. Ha.- Ron Howard