Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ron Perlman. Check it out!
Ron Perlman is a classically-trained actor who has appeared in countless stage plays, feature films and television productions.
Interesting Facts about Ron Perlman
- Producers Lawrence Gordon and Lloyd Levin tried hard for Perlman to get cast as Edward Blake aka The Comedian in Watchmen (2009).
- Took Graduate training in acting at the University of Minnesota from fall 1971 to spring 1973. On July 20, 1973, he graduated with his then new degree of Master of Fine Arts.
- Early in his career, he tried doing stand-up comedy.
- Was offered promotional advertisements as Vincent, his character from the television series Beauty and the Beast (1987), but he refused stating that the character was not there to be exploited.
- He is left-handed but was forced to use his right as a child, therefore he is relatively comfortable using his right hand.
- Wrote a screenplay some years ago entitled “Wooden Lake” which he was also going to direct but, as of 2011, that has not gone into production.
- Is the godfather to Nicholas Kadi’s daughter.
- Has two children with his wife Opal Perlman: Blake Perlman (born January 7, 1984) and Brandon Avery Perlman (born March 29, 1990).
- Good friends with Beauty and the Beast (1987) co-star Linda Hamilton. They reunited in the theatre play “Lover Letters” (1991), and in the post-Vietnam War drama Missing in America (2005).
- Attended Lehman College in New York City where he received his Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts for Theatre.
- His favorite movie is the comedy-drama film Nobody’s Fool (1994).
- He was offered the role of Piccolo in Dragonball Evolution (2009), which he turned down to work on Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008) instead.
Personal Quotes by Ron Perlman
Almost all of your life is lived by the seat of your pants, one unexpected event crashing into another, with no pattern or reason, and then you finally reach a point, around my age, where you spend more time than ever looking back. Why did this happen? Look where that led? You see the shape of things.- Ron Perlman
You know, I don’t read the blogs, or go on the internet, and I really just don’t know what people are saying because… well I guess I’m afraid to.- Ron Perlman
Some of the great characters that I’ve played had to be transformational.- Ron Perlman
I just think that there are those people that their resolve is strengthened by what it is that’s keeping them down, and there are some people that will buckle under it. You never know which one is which until you get into the eighth or ninth round of the fight.- Ron Perlman
I will not do a role that I don’t think I can do, that I’m not interested in, where there’s no humanity, that doesn’t have any kind of handle for me at all because I know I’ll just stink the joint up.- Ron Perlman