Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Rosario Dawson. Check it out!
This stunning and resourceful actress has been primarily a film player thus far. Only recently has she been opening herself up more to doing television (the series Gemini Division (2008), which she executive-produced), and animated voice-overs. Dawson’s powerhouse talent stands out the most in edgy, urban filming that dates back to 1995 when she was only sixteen.
Interesting Facts about Rosario Dawson
- In a romantic relationship with Senator Cory Booker since December 2018, having first met at a political fundraiser for former NAACP president Ben Jealous.
- She was born the same day, month and year as Roser, the Spanish singer.
- Her character from Rent (2005), Mimi, is modeled after the character Mimi in Giacomo Puccini’s “La Boheme”.
- Rosario was raised in Manhattan. Rosario’s mother, Isabel Celeste, is a writer and professional vocalist, who has Puerto Rican and Afro-Cuban ancestry. Rosario’s biological father’s name is Patrick C. Harris. Rosario’s mother married Greg Dawson, a caucasian construction worker who raised Rosario and gave her his surname.
- Originally had a small role as a nurse in the horror film The Devil’s Rejects (2005). Her character was cut out of the theatrical release after director Rob Zombie decided to remove the character Dr. Satan. Her character was to be killed off within forty seconds of her entrance.
- Discovered sitting on her front porch in New York City and asked if she wanted to be in a movie. That movie was Kids (1995).
- Her mother was sixteen when she gave birth to her.
- Her uncle is a teacher known as Uncle Frank or Mr. Jump
- Lives in Los Angeles.
- Daughter of Isabel Dawson.
- (November 9, 2006) Broke up with Jason Lewis.
- Co-created the comic book “Occult Crimes Taskforce” (2006).
Personal Quotes by Rosario Dawson
When I see a woman who is all gaunt and emaciated, I don’t think she’s beautiful. She reminds me of a Chihuahua that’s freezing and shaking.- Rosario Dawson
I didn’t even remember it because it kind of came up, and then a week later it said I broke up with him.- Rosario Dawson
They kind of took it out of our hands. We’re still able to deal with him on an emotional level.- Rosario Dawson
It was funny actually because that was still during the time we were dating. He would get all these calls because supposedly before we broke up, we had already broken up in the trades, in the rags or whatever.- Rosario Dawson
I’ve noticed a growth in Spike and definitely in myself. I feel like the seeds that he planted in me five years ago have ripened up to a place where I could even tackle this role in the way that I did.- Rosario Dawson